Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 values slipping?

perry

Monza
What is happening to 993 prices, have been watching this car on ebay, its been listed several times, ebay.co.uk item 4554066300 There was a LHD C4S that no one bid on with a starting price of 20k?

Peter Morgan advised that 993 prices seem to have slipped down, he put it down possibly to the Cayman launch. What do people think?

regards

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29952

He's not letting it go for under 23k. To me the seats, both of them, looked too worn for the mileage.

There was however, a very nice looking LHD 993 Turbo last week that went for ~£25k.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29954

Are you refering to the T4 or the C4S?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29955

4554066300 is the Turbo while 4554004866 is the C4S that I thought you were referring to.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29957

Sorry my mistake, I was watching the T4, looks as if it is on the autotrader for £35k with a dealer, I wonder if he is letting it go for the ebay price, seems as if he has to seeing as he hasn't cancelled the auction.

The C4S had been advertised previously for I think £27k, did you view the 4s or T4?

Just seems that 993 prices may be slipping, if ebay is any guideline?

regards.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29958

a year after the launch of the 3rd 911 range update after the 993... prices have certainly taken another hit..

and with Porsche back in the 35-50k 2 door sports coupe market... potential buyers have another option, esp as the cayman is very matched in terms of power & performance !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29962

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 13 June 2005

and with Porsche back in the 35-50k 2 door sports coupe market... potential buyers have another option, esp as the cayman is very matched in terms of power & performance !
Jeremy/James/Richard are certainly not fans of the *rse end though judging by last night. Have to say I agree with them

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29963

I'm about to put my 993 on the market and am having a bit of trouble trying to price it. Seems to be quite a range of prices on these cars but I suppose that at around 10 years old there'll be quite a range in condition too!!

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29968

Just as bad trying to buy one as trying to sell one I expect. I have been looking for several months now, just had Mr Morgan do a PPI also.

I'm interested in T4's or C4s's and some cars have been on the market along time, I know of a silver RHD 4S that was advertised at £35, then £33 and now £29, still not sold, car is quite nice as well. Just as sellers want to price their cars right, I equally don't want to overpay when buying.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29975

Yeah, when you're paying a lot for an older car you want to be sure its a good one, know what it was like when I was buying. I'm getting prepared for a long haul on the selling front just in case, lucky in that I don't need to sell quickly.

Think the used car market is generally pretty slow at the moment for most performance cars.

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29990

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by perry on 13 June 2005

I know of a silver RHD 4S that was advertised at £35, then £33 and now £29, still not sold, car is quite nice as well.
Blimey, £29k for a 4S and it's not selling?! It must have 100k+ miles, or be a real dog, surely?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29992

82,000, with new clutch and history. Not a dog at all, dark green leather, non sports seats. Needs a little work to bring it up to A1, calipers need to be relaquered, and rear pu sprayed, but apart from that it was very tidy.

Perhaps the mileage is putting people off?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29994

Cridfords (who are not normally known for their philanthropy) have a 1996 993TT with 85,000 miles for £37000. That seems fairly reasonable to me, but perhaps I'm just realising how much I overpaid for my 29,000 miles example....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30002

There are a lot of dogs out there that owners think are top notch and price accordingly.

There also seems to be people only interested in cars that have done a low mileage, e.g. 30k or below. Cars that have done that low a mileage would raise more concerns for me as these engines respond to being used and well looked after.

I posted a while back that I would sell my car and got several enquiries, but after talking to the porsche independant who looks after my car have decided that the only way it would go to a new home was if someone paid top money. He told me that he had not seen a better 993 C4 and I would be mad to sell, especially after the things I have done to it.

Then again I have never been known for my sense :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30014

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back