Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dented exhaust tips

Maxy M

Anyone got any ideas as to how a dent has appeared in the side of each of my chromed exhaust tips? Each one shallow, about 1.5 cm wide.

I haven't been messing around with them, it couldn't be parking damage. An attempt at theft? But they're screwed on from underneath.

Coincidentally I noticed them after the car had been to JZ, but I didn't ask for any mechanical jobs... So I'm mystified. Any theories, Holmes?

Watson (puzzled, and just a little annoyed)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29095

most likely the garage, with such a simliar dent on either side...

unless someone complete idiot was trying to pull them off ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29103

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 26 May 2005

most likely the garage, with such a simliar dent on either side...
But what the hell were they doing/trying to do?? It's as though the exhausts have been gripped from both sides with a pair of giant pincers - but only with enough pressure to put some (tiny, relatively speaking) dents in the tips.

I'm utterly mystified, and annoyed about the expense/inconvenience of having to replace them. :evil:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29127

Maxy - how about his for a theory? - lots of garages these days have those pipes that attach to the exhuast so that when they are running the engine inside the workshop they dont gas the mechanics - do Jz have those - if so it would be worth checking if they stay onto your exhaust via a spring clamp, which might be the cause of your damage.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29130

sound like another 'strange' on the jacks' incident !

a task for...scooby 'sherlock holmes' doo...

indoo6.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29149

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Warren M on 26 May 2005

Maxy - how about his for a theory? - lots of garages these days have those pipes that attach to the exhuast...
Warren, I really think you've got it! Or at least could have it. Brilliant. And cheers, mate; I shall take it up with the 'fabled' JZ Machtech!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29151

jz do indeed have the exhaust extractors, they have never damaged my tips tho?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29153

It was elementary Dear Watson

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29157

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back