Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

US Spec rear lenses

DPJenkinson

Monza
Would appreciate your thoughts and opinions. I have been offered some rear lenses for my 86 carrera. They are all red apart from a clear space which I presume is for the reversing light. I have been advised they are US spec, are these legal in the uk and would they pass an MOT.

Many thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27955

Won't pass a UK MoT according to an article in 911 & PW a while back...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27968

Hi does that mean they are illegal to fit as the guy reckons he has sold a lot of them.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27975

it depends on whether they flash amber or not - you can only have amber indicators front or rear in the UK. My Triumph failed its MOT before for having all red US spec rear lenses.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27978

You can get orange bulbs that make the red appear orange so would pass an MOT - does depend on how rigid the testing station is though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27982

My car currently has clear lenses with orange bulbs so I guess they will be ok. Thanks for your help.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27998

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back