Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

BUYING A NEW 997 FROM AUTOBAHN

Dan Marsden

Hi, Im thinking of buying a new 997 CarerraS from Autobahn in Coventry and wanted to find out any pros and cons over buying from an Official Porsche Centre. Our local OPC dealer is struggling to find a 997 that we want and these Autobahn cars are brand new unregistered.

Ive been told by a friend to make sure that the car has a C16 suffix on the VIN plate and that it is a UK car rather than an import.

Autobahn have assured me that the car has the UK 2 year warranty and that the car can be warranty repaired by any UK dealer.

Is there anything else that I need to worry/enquire about?

Thanks
David

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27865

... also does anyone know where I would find the C16 suffix on the car. Is it on the Vin Plate?

Thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27867

You should find the c16 code on the sticker that lists the factory fitted options. It won't be on the VIN plate (I dont think so anyway)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27869

theres loads of 6 month old cars about at increasing discounts, and there certainly not going to go up in value

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27874

I did'nt realise the 997S had been out for six months?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27893

Hi

I have to agree with mark pearce, I bought my 997s 3 months a go (brand new - top spec) and kind of thought/wished that it would have held onto it's money a bit better!

There seems to be a few around below list - Dan I would have thought you could buy a 3 to 6 month old UK car and save yourself a few £k??

You must be looking for some odd spec not be able to find one private or through OPC ??

I am originally from Huddersfield so nice to come across a fellow northerner !

cheers

Attiq

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27899

Thanks for the response guys but Im affraid that I have to disagree on what you have said. There are very few 997's around at the moment second hand from what I can see, unless you can prove otherwise. Ive looked at all the OPD and places like autotrader (which is full of imports and LHD cars). The Porsche approved network has a list of about 20 cars that roughly meet my spec (which is quite a wide spec). Im not fussy on colours particularly as long as it isnt a lurid colour! The car must have as a minimum, black leather, Sat Nav and 6 cd changer. Also the cars that are for sale at OPD, some being more than 6 months old with ave milleage between 2-10k are selling at list price due to shortage of stock..... and they are shifting fast. These cars dont hang around in dealers long.

Ive decided not to go with the Autobahn car, due it NOT being a C16 car. Whilst I have no doubts that the car will be fine, I just cant risk things like Insurance premiums being affected and the potential for the car to depriciate more than a UK C16 car. If there was a 10k saving then it would be worth it, but the list price is the same as a UK car. the only benefit I can see is that the car is brand new and available right now.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27907

Just look in the sunday times,

I get offered about 3 a week in the trade

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27923

Dan

I sent you a PM that may interest you

cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27929

I'm also looking for a 997 and there are very few UK cars around at anything less than list price. If someone knows where to get used (mint) ones at a reasonable discount to list I'd love to hear about it!

I'd have to agree with Dan, OPCs have a number of cars, but all for list price once you allow for the optional extras. I'd also agree with Dan on non-UK sourced cars - the depreciation is going to be worse once UK cars are readily available and Insurance is likely to be marginally more expensive.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27931

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back