Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 clutch?

I'm looking to buy a used 996, I've found one at an OPC ( 3 years old, 30k miles ) and have taken it for a couple of test drives. The only issue I have with the car is the clutch, it just feels a little stiff and the bite point feels quite high.

The car has been through the PPI checks so I assume that the clutch would have been looked at. But what are the chances of this becoming an issue in the next year or so and if so what would the likely bill be? Just don't want to fork out on an expensive car to get hit with another whacking maintenance bill the week after.

I'd appreciate any help as if this looks like being an issue I'll go for a different car with lower mileage ( hopefully better clutch ).

Cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27551

Your looking at around 800 pounds to supply and fit a new clutch.

Oct 2004 911&Porsche issue has a buyers guide to the 996

Mark

Migration info. Legacy thread was 28181

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back