Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

rear screen outer seal

porkapig

Spa-Francorchamps
Ok - i'm really confused.

havent used the car for a few days - looked at it today and the outer seal on the rear screen has popped out?! dont know how as it hasnt moved?

anyone else have this problem? magpies?

marc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27288

Yes this hapened to mine on the bottom corner of the rear screan.. It was like that when I viewed it at the dealer, when I pointed it out a technician pushed it back into place. It is supposed to engage with the inner seal. (The outer seal is not really a seal it is a cosmetic finisher). Mine started to pop out again after a period of time so I just put a small drop of superglue on it before pushing it back into place.

pp

In answer to your original question it probably occurs due to the change in temperature between night time and daytime. The material of the seal expands with the heat and contracts at night. The change in tension is enough to pop it out.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27656

yep.. mine as well.. noticed it when I was washing me car....

suprglue it is then !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27703

Just a small drop to hold the seal in place guys. Don't overdo it otherwise you'll never get it of without damaging it if the rear screan ever has to be removed.

pp

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27721

my seal problem was same but was irrelavent........... when the rear screen exploded a new on was fitted with new rubbers - that solved it!!

But yes the super glue sloved it prior to that!! 8)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 28353

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back