Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Are the miles and price ok?

Russell Marsh

Hi im still looking for my first car and thanks to the advice on here i have steered away from early 964's and am looking at good 3.0 and 3.2 cars.

I know its only an advert but before i travel can you give me your thoughts on the miles and price please? Many Thanks

1985 3.2 CARRERA

SUPERB ORDER THROUGHOUT, TAX, MOT, refurbished wheels, full history 150000miles sport pack, electic roof and windows, electric recaros, RIGHT HAND DRIVE and the price is £8995

Thanks again

Russell

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26257

does it smoke? rattle? rust?

seems cheap! must be a reason......?

my 993 went bang at 101,000 and cost 6,000 quid! oops!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26260

I thought it was cheap but didnt know how high miles affected the prices on porsches

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26262

Hello get a PPI done, that will tell you all about the car warts and all.That will put your mind at rest then.

SEE YA

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26267

Hi Russell, I cant really comment on the ad you enclose as I dont know the market value of these models, but it seems cheap.

How much you looking to pay? Have you considered LHD, you will get a lot more car for your money.

My advice is too look at plenty, get a good book on what to look for or use the checklist that somebody produced on here, cant find it at the moment (anybody have it??). Then narrow down your list and invest, as SEE YA says, on a PPI on your favorite, and be prepared to walk away. As always budget for something needing doing.
Good Luck

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26271

Hello, Martyn is right I have had three PPI's done so far. I have walked away myself best to lose a few hundred pounds.Then thousands later on I have been looking for over two years myself.Still looking now, but when I find a good one I will enjoy it more.

SEE YA

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26273

The miles are ok, remember its a 20 year old car so 150k is less than average. It does seem very cheap for a RHD, I would expect it to be more like £13k if it was in good condition.

Check the full history carefully, and buy on condition. 3.2's can do much higher mileages than that.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26309

I cant believe i have been looking all over for a good car and today while out on a job i found a car for sale on the side of the road only 7 miles from home!!

I was a little shocked as i had never seen the car before, The car was a white 3.2 right hand drive it looked spotles and im sure it had turbo arches.Full leather trim 81k miles and the advert said it had £26000 of work since 1996. The car had 17" ruf wheels and no oil leaks!

I could not get any answer at the house but i did take the number. The price was £12995 and i will try and contact him later.

I could not tell what year the car was as it had a 911 number plate.

Are there any years of 3.2's to avoid?

many thanks Russell

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26328

none to avoid, although some people claim that the post 86 cars have better gearboxes, that said pre 86 boxes are fine provided that the bushes,linkage etc are in good shape. Hope it all works out ok for you. 3.2 carreras are great cars.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26330

Get the PPI done ! I have just bought a 993 done 98,000.

The PPi confirmed that the engine has no signs of wear and will last for a long time.

It must be how the car as been looked after and driven to if it needs any work.

Most guides confirm the car will do 250,000 miles with no worries but need to be services on time and useing the right oil ect...

Dan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26345

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back