Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C2S Update

WillD

Nurburgring
Just had the call from OPC to say the car is sorted and they will be dropping her off tomorrow. They have sorted the mark they left on the bonnet last summer and removed the paint that was left on the dash. They have also sorted the bubbling around the black frames of the door windows.

While she was in I had Autoglass install a new front windscreen under OPC supervision and the teflon tape put around the seals to stop corrosion and squeaking. The windscreen was replaced last summer but it was squeaking and I discovered in the winter it leaked (common). I removed the rear view mirror from the ball joint to clean behind it and when carefully pushing it back on the jolt as it clicked on was enough to crack the screen. So now the new screen.

So next itsoff to JZ for the brake discs all round and rear shocks.

Then she will have everything done - a small fortune spent and some lucky punter will drive away with her if the price is met at some point in the next 12 months.

In the last 12 months :

New rear spoiler curtain / rebuilt sunroof wind deflector / new front shocks and mounts / refurbed 18" Hollow Spoke Turbos / Front respray / new clutch / new tyres / new Becker MP3 unit / 4 wheel geo alignment / new windscreen / RSB mufflers fitted with new heat shields / all the services etc / had the (common) front scuttle pannel corrosion sorted under warranty / bubbling around the windows black part sorted (common).

I hope the work is up to scratch this time ....will see tomorrow.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 25703

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back