Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Difference in 993 fuel tank size/shape?

Don777

Silverstone
Anyone know if there is a difference between the size and shape of the fuel tanks in the various 993 models and especially if there is a difference in LHD or RHD?I'm thinking of exchanging my RHD C4 for a LHD Turbo, but the Turbo has a 90 litre tank and I need the space (pathetic I know) so I want to know if I can swap it for the smaller one.Thanks.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24521

I think the 90 litre fuel tank will great reduce the space in the front boot, but I'm not really sure. You could always put your stuff on the back seats and parcel shelf?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24523

Yes that's the problem, there's a huge deifference between the 70 l. tank and the 90 l. Basically there is no room left and I need to get a hard case in as it's too heavy to have sitting on the parcel shelf.

I've seen a small tank from a 993 C2 on Ebay in the US, but I need to know if that will fit in the Turbos boot. It's all the 4WD mechanicals that I think might make them a different shape.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24527

You could be correct because the 4 wheel drive certainly has less storage space. I think a call to OPC parts may help you.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24550

FWIW my LHD has a 90 litre fuel tank whereas the RHD has 60L. I don't think there's any difference in space available for bags etc in the front but may be wrong.

cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24724

I've seen both 90 litre and 70 in LHD cars now and there's quite a big difference. I need to get a hard Samsonsite suitcase in (fits in my C4) and there's no way it's going in with the big tank.

Seen a few fuel tanks on Ebay in the US - might have a bid on them if I get a car with the 90L tank. Or maybe I'll find someone who'll swap.

Thanks anyway.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24727

four wheel drive has a smaller fuel tank 8)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24794

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back