Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

noise at speed

porkapig

Spa-Francorchamps
got a strange ratlte at the back at ahem...'speed' sounds like the rear wiper hitting the screen?

any ideas

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24342

My rear wheel arch plastic liner rattles and for ages I thought it was the spoiler. Check by pushing it upwards/sideways etc.
Also try carrying a passenger to help locate the noise - and try a video camera to confirm it!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24391

quite possibly the arch liner as both have been off last time at the garage

will get it looked at

removal of the wiper looks much beter - may have ago with rain x to see if i really need the wiper before removing

marc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24396

The rear wiper's only necessary for removing rainwater that's built up while the cars's been parked - especially if it's all beaded thanks to Rain-X. Rather handy when reversing...

But I like the look of the rear wiper. Car looks bare without it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24454

found the noise - it was the rear window outer seal! - dont know how it hd come loose but popped into place agian no problem :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24568

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yewcorner
Back