Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PORSCHELESS!!!

Fingers

Imola
Did I do the right thing - I just got payment for my 2003 C2 996 and I am gutted!! It was like splitting up with a girlfriend - only hurts more!!!!! The car was perfect! Couldn't tell it from a new 996!!!

I am quite depressed actually - I am getting a new car BUT my black beauty gave me just over 12,000 perfect, trouble free fun miles in the last year and 2 months! And I am gutted to have parted it with it!

I was planning on getting the 997 BUT am considering the new Boxster - the wife has always liked the Boxster more - I think the main reason is because all my mates want a lift somewhere and she has got to sit in the back - with the Boxster no discussion - LOL - she will have to cab it - only kidding!

How do people who don't drive Porsches cope with :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23216

we all get very depressed... when we drive a soulless car....

she's miss the space of the 911 for her needs...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23218

So Servo, why did you sell her? An offer you couldn't refuse?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23263

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by ferrari's rule on 26 January 2005

buy a ferrari you will never get depressed
just suicidal !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23265

i speak from experiance mate had loads of porsches and still got one but you have to have a ferrari its the ultimate porsche was years ago but too many on the road now they are a very common as you see them every day just a run of the mill reps car now

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23266

Hehehe, nice touch FR, baiting Porsche owners on a Porsche Forum! I'd argue that Ferrari drivers are perceived (mostly by women) as trying to make up for something which may be lacking in the trouser department whereas Porsche drivers are supposed to be suave and sophisticated gentleman types :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23267

Servo

in the mean time what are you having to drive...?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23270

Ferrari's Rule, if I could have 2 cars here one would DEFINITELY be a Ferrari! Probably a 575 or the new 430. BUT I think I may have mentioned why I can't have a Ferrari -

1. Need to drive everyday, probably about 16 - 20,000 KM per year

2. I only have one parking space in my apartment - car park spaces are a premimum here - even though the rent is GBP 3,000 per month for the apartment and the car park is about GBP 400.00 per month

As for what I am going to get its a toss between 2 cars.

997 Carrera , Basalt Black with Black Leather 19inch wheels, PASM, Sports Chrono, short shifter and a host of other things

or a Boxster, Basalt Black, Beige Leather with loads of options.

The wife wants the Boxster, promised I would get a cab next time, the 997 isn't available until MY 2006 here!!! A promise is a promise, I don't want ANY 996 cab purely because nearly 90% 996's in Japan are tiptro's!

Meanwhile, I have NO CAR, BUT the dealership I sold my car to is lending me a car for 4 -6 weeks ( While I wait for delivery of the new one - 987 or 997)

I refuse to tell you all what it is :wink:

Out of interest, Ferrari's Rule what's your everyday car? What do you drive to Tesco's or Sainsbury's? Surely not the 512? I would be scared about parking that thing - its seriously wide isn't it

Oh, another reason why a Ferrari won't work for me, the parking in my apartment and office - we have these machines which stack the cars, and unfortunately 90% of the parking machines are 185cm wide - so the Ferrari's are out! In fact, 40% of machines are probably 175cm wide! And on top of that, a lot of car parks only allow the driver to get out of the car when the car is on the parking tray, being a RHD country the driver usually exits from the right - however, Jap's being a pain in the bum only import LHD Ferrari's SO unless you especially order one (12 month - 14 month lead time) you are stuffed!

Anyone ever been to Japan? There is a great Ferrari and Porsche Museum here -

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23273

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by ferrari's rule on 26 January 2005

buy a ferrari you will never get depressed
Spending a few hundred large ones on a Fiat would depress me!

Get a Porsche and enjoy giving the t**sers in their Fiats a good spanking.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23282

Just so you can feel sorry for me - as of tomorrow - until I get delivery I will be pretty much driving a Saab 900 (the dealership is going to lend it to me)

However, I am getting a Boxster for a day or two and a 997 Carrera S for a day or day as well - whichever car I get - will let you know!

Meanwhile, I have a classic last shot I would like to share with everyone - no idea how to show it to you all though......any suggestions?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23284

the image upload tool !

click on the "Up" icon, 1st one in the row above ! next to the scissors....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23287

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Servo Sarai on 27 January 2005
Ferrari's Rule, if I could have 2 cars here one would DEFINITELY be a Ferrari! Probably a 575 or the new 430. BUT I think I may have mentioned why I can't have a Ferrari - :wink:

Out of interest, Ferrari's Rule what's your everyday car? What do you drive to Tesco's or Sainsbury's? Surely not the 512? I would be scared about parking that thing - its seriously wide isn't it
-

thats what i like honest talk that you would have a ferrari as there is to many t**sers on here who spout of alot and have only ever had two porsches [warren mc graham mitchell]
i have a porsche and like my porsche as said in my previous posts on here porsche was the best and most reliable and usable car on the market from 1986 to 1996 since then they have gone backwards where as ferrar i and lambo have got more reliable
so warren lets have your comments as i speak from experiance of owing more porsches than most of the people on here but i do give credit where its due and critisisa where need be so lets have a childish comment
as for my daily user i use a van or landcruiser amazon as a ferrari is not made for a every day car well the one i have isint they reckon the 360 is but i dont like them

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23288

Fule, your argument is fundamentally flawed and I am afraid you know it -

As you know, people who have a budget for three or more cars buy a Ferrri / Fiat, as well as a landcruiser / van / BMW / Golf.

The proof is right here - most of the people on this forum have a single car and it is a daily driver as well as a trackday car that will stuff your 512 or whatever on a track -

PS. If I read correctly from the last couple of threads you were involved in you are a car dealer, if so you don't really own any cars at all, do you?? Just drive other people's cars between times, probably never paid for a service or new tyres unless it was tax deductable and get the VAT back etc. and sell it on.... If I am correct, that is cool and most people would envy you, but there is no way you can confuse it with owning a car that has to do the Sainsburys run and drop the GF off in central London, burn up to yorkshire for the weekend with a full trunk and get me to Bristol in time for an 8am meeting. That is what PORSCHE ownership is aboout.

LJ

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23290

lojo i have owned the 512 for 14 months it has new tyres on the garage floor waiting to go on but the others aint worn out yet put a clutch in it 3 months ago its booked in for the belt service in march
yes i am a car dealer been doing it for 20 years but i do like cars buy every car then sell it dont know where you get other peoples cars from
as for every day use i run round in a van as parking anything decent in a supermarket just gets dints in doors trolly rash
the mrs has the landcruiser
as for how many cars people own cars i always run a porsche or a lotus in the early days as it was all i could afford to be truthfull i very rarely use the ferrari
but what pigs me of on here is the people who comment and judge cars that they have never owned and are very childish comments who dont know what they are talking about but dont get me wrong some ferrari owners also do this if i had the choice of a porsche to keep it would be a 1989 911 turbo cabriolet as the new ones are not a patch on the build quality of this car
look at mercedes they was the most reliable car on the market but not now they have gone backwards on build quality ferrari had to get better or they would of gone bust

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23292

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back