Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Boxster

Fingers

Imola
Hello All

I know this is a 911 forum, but, is the new Boxster on the streets in the UK? In Japan, we can expect to see them on the streets in the 2nd week of Feb.

Just wondering if anyone has had the pleasure! A mate, test drove one and said the new S can easily keep up with the latest 996's!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23091

I get mine in April/May

I had a 993 Carrera 4s for a while but was put off by the running costs hopefully this is £33K list the service intervals are 2 years/20,000 miles and just over £200 for the first service!!!, Was hoping makes a better daily drive option than the 993 and hopefully only £250 in the first 3 years to the Porsche Centre,

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23093

You'll be back more than once in the first 3 years to get your RMSs done... :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23102

Took a 2.7 for a testdrive the other day, very nice. You hear the engine far better than in the 986 and it sounds soooo sweet. The interior is less plasticy and although the body changes are only small it does look so much better and a little meaner.

Hence I hope to take delivery of my new 987 in May. :)

PS A big ouch about the RMS remark, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23103

seen a few in dealers windows......

but I can see why Porsche keep the Boxster under-powered.. just !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23106

Am I being thick what are RMS's ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23112

I had an early boxster 1997 from new the engine failed on that too, 1 week before the end of the 2 year warranty that is what made me want to get rid of it the car was worth just over 20K and a new engine is 16K did not want to take the risk without the warranty, am thinking I will be covered with a 2 year warranty and was hoping that porsche had got a bit better for the new boxster. I did rib the salesman stating that I did not want to have the engine blow up he stated that Porsche's did not do that!.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23154

Alex,

What are you getting exactly? Have you spec'd it out? The Black 987's seem to look very in photo's I have seen - might go for BB again!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23360

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back