Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Carrera 4S

strange pic - car has german plates,but US style rear bumper overriders.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22888

but stil looks like the GT3 motorsport car ?

2041205.001.1M.jpg

Web link

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22890

CARRERA 4S IDENTITY CONFIRMED
Wednesday 19th January

Alleged Porsche statements shown to be incorrect

Following PistonHeads's spy shot story revealing the new 997 Carrera 4S, we now have a photo of a wheel of the P-car we snapped inscribed "Carrera 4S", and the following further details:

• the car is registered to Porsche
    [list:ZIIe7mIhfd]the pics were taken within a 30 minute drive of Porsche's HQ
    [list:ZIIe7mIhfd]the photographer had a good look under the car and established it is 4 wheel drive
    [list:ZIIe7mIhfd]interior and brakes were typical for an S
    [list:ZIIe7mIhfd]it's not the new GT3 (totally standard interior including rear seats)
    [list:ZIIe7mIhfd]it's not the new turbo, because there weren't any side air intakes and no turbocharger
    [list:ZIIe7mIhfd]the photographer had to run away because the driver of the car wasn't amused when he saw him with a camera!
Discussion is ongoing here:
www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?p=1&f=48&t=149842&h=0

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22952

I hope if that is the new 4S it doesn't have that aero kit on, I was staring at a black 997S on Saturday at my local OPC and decided I need one, preferably in 4S guise.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23104

well the 997 range can't just a 2 car range for much longer...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23136

Cabrio to be launched soon... Basic and 'S'.

997 Targa maybe? But how has the 996 Targa sold? Not many compared to coupes and cabrios, I'll wager. Worth it develop a 997?

Maybe you're driving even more of a classic, Sundeep... :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23142

wonder if one day they could allow customers to actually specify the Targa roof as a proper 911 option...

= 911 Turbo Targa.... C4S Targa, GT2 Targa ! etc

but if I typed GT3 Targa I think Sean et would be in shock.. uh oh yoo late

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23151

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back