Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

vauxhall nova v ferrari 360

Damn. Just goes to show that anything can be made fast if you spend enough on it

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22753

Are you talking about the 360 Graham ? :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22757

wow.. no doubt all the girls instantly wanted to go home in the nova rather than the ferrari ? :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22761

Ok - so it's fast - BUT

a) Its still a bloody vauxhall Nova!

b) The amount that must have been spent on that to get it to go that fast could have bought a real car!

c) Ferrari or Nova...... HMMMM lemme think?!!?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22764

That's just f**ing sad. You can just see the owner of that Nova now can't you. Sending that link to all his mates. 'My car's faster than a ferrari Gaz' 'Wicked!!'

Would have loved to see it turn a corner at that speed. That would be a video worth watching.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22765

I knew a chap who put a 2-litre Alfa engine in a Mini and converted it to rear-wheel drive a few years ago. It cost him about £20k to do it all and god knows how many days of his own time to do the spanner work. He used to brag that it could do 0-60 in about 5 seconds. Funnily, he used to get really upset when I showed him ads for second hand tuned Impreza turbos for 10 grand which would be just as fast, handle better and be able to carry more than two people without deafening them, asphixiating them or throwing them backwards into hedges.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22771

I’ve never been particularly interested in souped-up crap cars, but they obviously make some people very happy.

I wonder how much it would cost to create such a car and whether you could actually drive it on a normal road.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22805

I remember leafing through an old copy of Max Power in a dentist waiting room once and this chap (in his 40's) reckoned he'd spent nigh-on 30 grand getting 300bhp out of his Mk2 Astra's engine and 500watts of power out of its stereo. Reckoned it was worth £3-4k the day he finished it - in a fetching shade of purple if I recall.

Must be a labour of love as he clearly wasn't labouring his braincells. :?

Just goes to show that anything is possible if you're moronic enough!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22816

not sure but think it has a cavalier 20 16v turbo engine with the addition of nitros oxide looks very impressive to me would of been more fun and shocking at some traffic lights on the road you can just imagine at lights in your car say to the girlfriend look at this nob in a nova then he wastes you and girlfriend jumps out at next set of lights to ge in the nova arghh

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22831

ferrari rules the traffic light boy race.....?

just a short stab of the throttle is enough to get rid of the nova/saxo/nobs, etc, so when they race off from the lights, I calmy engage 1st gear and head off normally.... :wink:

btw.. that reminds me.. a 911uk meet up at Santa Pod raceway this summer !!!! yes !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22832

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back