Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 search begins....

Richard Gent

Looking for advice on how to find a peach of a manual coupe/targa 993 with 50k miles or less. Probably 1996 or thereabouts. Must have been loved like a baby (and never driven :)) with one elderly female owner that found it disconcerting at speeds above 40 mph. Yepp - that'd be good. Not interested in silver - lacks any semblance of imagination. I like dark red, black and maybe dark blue (at a push). I think it's important to be particular about these things. Advice much appreciated. ;)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22351

Thanks Sundeep. What combinations do you think go best with dark red (Arena) and black exteriors?

PS Like the look of your car - you need to make sure you don't become addicted to Zymol! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22366

for me.. only the black interiors are thoe ones to go for .. esp on a dark car....

although when I was looking I thought about a grey interior... but when I saw it in the flesh it wasn't for me....

my advise is to look at combo's in the flesh....

although even this site (as you may have noticed) has a vast selction of cars for sale !

as for Zymol.... those chaps at
www.vertar.com
have all the 'good' stuff !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22368

I have a grey interior in my Arena Red C4 which gives a light and airy feel to the car.

Did have black in my C2 which had a much more broodier feel to it.

You can't see the inside but it is a great colour!!!!

PAerokit.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22396

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Richard Gent on 08 January 2005

... Not interested in silver - lacks any semblance of imagination...
Each to their own Richard, I happen to think that Silver with the full black leather is the best combination money can buy! Happy hunting anyway

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22405

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by pneumatic on 10 January 2005

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Richard Gent on 08 January 2005

... Not interested in silver - lacks any semblance of imagination...
Each to their own Richard, I happen to think that Silver with the full black leather is the best combination money can buy! Happy hunting anyway

and arctic silver with a black interior was actually my 1st choice !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22407

silver with black - top choice

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22408

Any metallic colours look good on a 993 IMO, flat colours esp white just dosen't show up the curves so well. Personal choice of course.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22450

Nice motor, Shed. Like the colour but are the less common colours more difficult to sell IYO? Why did you go for a C4 instead of a C2?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22460

The colour was actually at the bottom of my list, but really pleased now that I have got it as I have nothing but compliments on the colour, especially when the sun is on it and it changes colour from different angles.

Was different with my previous C2 which was a very rare colour, Turquoise Blue, which seemed to fall into a love or hate scenario, personally I loved it!

The reason I bought the C4 was purely on condition and the way it drove. Had originally said that I did not want a C4 because of everything that I had read, but in reality the car drives the same as a C2 unless you start to 'push the envelope' and you get a but more understeer.

William

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22483

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Shed17 on 10 January 2005

but in reality the car drives the same as a C2 unless you start to 'push the envelope' and you get a but more understeer.
which is a good thing.. esp up at the limits.....

I was a driving god in my TT....

now more like one of Noony's classmates.. but loving it !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22485

top bit of advice -

50k or less has potential problems. my car is a 96 with 45k - hidden costs can exist at this mileage

1) shocks - mine need replacing all round £1000 fitted

2) clutch - mine was already done before purchase (say £1000 if you want a proper rs conversion)

3) discs - yet again all mine done just before purchase - £1000

i wanted a midnight blue carrera 2 (looks black in some light) - and got one eventually. pick a colour you really like otherwise you will always be looking at it going wow beautiful car - shame about the colour!

marc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22666

Can not stress more those three issues above.

I knew my car was going to need all the above within 6/12 months of when I bought and guess what ? I got the seller down by £3000 and had new rear rubber put on too.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22672

What's the deal with test driving private pigs? Would you expect to drive it or be driven? Thanks.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22717

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back