Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 sports exhaust

Sarbs

Has anyone had confirmation that the sports exhaust option is available yet? My proper car goes into production very soon and i may have to delay it if this option isnt available, my dealer has not been able to advise me yet.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22282

It is not available as far as I know. I cancelled it off my order in the end, and from what I have heard, the non-PSE sound is pretty awesome. Are you sure you really want to wait? :roll:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22284

Most definately will wait Ted, I've already had one 997 2s, and although the sound was very good for a standard exhaust it was nowhere near the sound that my old 996 4s produced with the sports exhaust option. The first 997 served its purpose in allowing me to see what options I really needed and what I didnt.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22285

or what about this...

http://www.gemballa.com/Teile/G97/g97_Powerkit_e.html

]
You are here: Program > Parts Program > Based on 997 > GEMBALLA POWERKIT

GEMBALLA Parts Program based on 997 · GEMBALLA POWERKIT

PREVIEW

SHORT DESCRIPTION

g97_powerkit.jpg

GEMBALLA POWERKIT for 997
Performance gain 23 HP / 20 NM.
POWERKIT consists of:

- SPORT-Manifolds L/R
- SPORT-Catalists L/R
- SPORT-Exhaust system L/R
- Double Tailpipes L/R
marker.gif

Sound-Download

var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymRealOnUnload;
function SymOnUnload()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymRealOnUnload != null)
SymRealOnUnload();
}
function SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymRealOnUnload = window.onunload;
window.onunload = SymOnUnload;
}
SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;
//-->

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22295

Sarbs

Did you sell the 997 ? I can't remember if yours was the S or the regular Carrera....How many miles did you do in it? What is your take on it?

When do you take delivery of the next one? What are the colour and options you are going to go for?

Servo

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22304

I pick up my 997S on Wednesday - sports exhaust or not, never have I wanted the weekend to go so quickly!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22307

Apparantly not available 'til March. When is your build slot?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22316

Servo, I sold my original 997 2s, it was very nice although it didnt have certain options that I would want on a car that I intend to keep for a while. After owning one certain other options that I intended to have i.e rear centre console in exterior colour where no longer viable as the rest of the interior trim is in a graphite type silver so would look wrong, although the rear centre console in leather would look much better so I have gone for that instead. Only did 1500 miles in it, but loved it, the exhaust note is good but not upto 996 sports exhaust sound. Acceleration is fantastic, build was great and I actually love the interior and exterior, the car is perfect to my eyes. Its hard to comment on handling as I had the 997 2s from oct to december, not the greatest months for a rear wheel drive beast, had a few moments with the rear popping out during over taking from 30mph but that was down to a heavy foot, and to be honest i loved them all, you couldnt provoke the 996 4s into anything slightly hairy! The most worriyng thing is seeing 110 in 3rd gear, just when the car is sounding fantastic police would want to lock you up!

The 997 is far more than even the 996 4s, and I cant belive they were able to do it! Never been happier to hand over 70k!

I have gone for Artic silver with black leather, SPORTS EXHAUST, pcm, rear wiper, silver grey seat belts, crests on head rests , leather rear centre console, 3 spoke sports steering wheel, heated seats, 19"Carrera classic 5 spoke Alloys.

The car is for mid march delivery but I will put it back till the sports exhaust is ready as factory option as I dont want it retro fitted.

Ted, you will smile your head off, it is a great car, enjoy wednesday, probably take a couple of nytol's tuesday evening!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22319

Attiq, I ordered it in october when i took delivery of my first 997 2s. From what I am told the sports exhaust is not going into production till march build cars, so I will give up my slot for the april delivery car, and wait for a march build car for june/july delivery, so if you want my slot I will pass your contact details onto the dealer which I have this one coming from.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22492

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back