Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Petrol

porkersc

Trainee
Whats the best to use in my 82 Sc. For the past week I have had it i have been using Shell Optimax. Do i need to use any lead additives or LRP petrol. Bearing in mind mine is a swiss car.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21847

I used to use regular 95 octane fuel - but once filled up with Shell 100 octane in Italy, when the attendant said " it givvvvvess mora powa". mug.

Never had any probs using 95 oct - have a look under the fuel flap - mine had a sticker stating what fuel to use.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21850

Ah Good point!! Is unleaded ok in these cars. By the way thanks for all the Swiss info the other day Warren. It's my 1st Porsche and i am in love. Always wanted an SC ever since i got a ride in my dad's business partners 82 SC Sport. Brand new it was and i can remember the journey to this day.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21851

from what I recall it is ok.. the whole LRP thing is a bit of a non-issue as that stuff is still unleaded.... so again the highest octane is always the best..

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21858

As far as I know 95 RON unleaded should be OK. Porsches have been fuel-friendly for years.

I've tried Optimax in mine. No more mpg than with 95 IMHO.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21873

Mine used unleaded as there is no choice here - apart from diesel.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21880

Where do you live? You can still buy 98RON leaded, yes LEADED petrol from selected sites listed by county at
www.leadedpetrol.co.uk

Last time I bought some it was £1.13 a litre!! :roll:
(But just think of that high octane rating, and that lovely lead lubricating your valve stems.... :D )

PS... If your car has a catalytic converter DO NOT USE THIS FUEL, you will kill it :(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22002

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back