Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Baden-wuertemberg Bad boy

Hendo

Suzuka
I've negotiated the price and put the deposit down on a new(ish) baby

996 C4S - LHD (sorry Mr Pearce :wink: ) - Midnight blue, full black leather, 5 speed tip, Small alu pack, Techsport steering wheel,Techsport alloys, March 03 reg, 12 K miles, twin tips (not sport exhaust),PCM2, and the greatest looking hips south of Scarlet Johansen. She'll be with me in early January, once re-registration from germany and other related paperwork is done. Sourced from german OPC with one owner so far - Porsche AG themselves. I test drove last saturday and I've been bursting like a bursting thing thats bursting since then.

I know I've probably shocked and alarmed our 993 majority but I could'nt help myself. I do however undertake, to wave, flash (in a litronic way I hasten to add!), and generally all round acknowledge other 911's on the highway

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21832

Well done Hendo - drive carefully. Whatb you doing with the 993 ? Summer car ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21834

Great stuff Hendo - look forward to seeing it !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21836

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by warren mcbride on 21 December 2004

Well done Hendo - drive carefully. Whatb you doing with the 993 ? Summer car ?

She's going as part exchange for the C4S. Mrs Hendo was initially anti coupe as she likes the cabrio during the summer. A quick drive and she's seen the light

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21837

Glad to see you're dispensing with the hairdressing equipment !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21838

wewll done mate thats what i like to see straight in and buy not to talk about it for months

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21849

a 996 :eek:

with a slush box :eek: :eek:

at least it is a coupe ! :D
which means I'll be safe making Cab jokes..

should be in time for a Feb curry meet !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21859

Nice one Hendo. The arse on a C4S is the next best thing to a standard 993.

Cross-Channel purchase, eh? Price keener than a left-hooker over here??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21872

Nice one Hendo. I guess it's better in traffic, so you won't winge so much going to the next curry meet then :wink:
!

How do you like it so far, which do you prefer, 993 or 996?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21875

Hi Mick

well I've only had the test drive so far, which in Nottingham town centre and a quick 5 minutes on a nearby dual carriageway wasnt nearly enough (something to do with wanting to take it home then I guess!). Initial observations though were it felt far more solid and set than the C2. I was expecting a harsher ride with 18" boots and the lower suspension but proved completely wrong. No feeling of tramlining, no road roar or losing the fillings over a couple of sleepy policemen. Its the first experience of a 996 interior and again, I was impressed at the changes from 993. I always felt that the early methodology of filling a scatter gun with switches, cracking open the window, poke the barrel in, turn your head away and fire. Then bolt everything down where it hit was quirky, but a bit behind the times. Ergonomics now seem to be a little higher on the priority list. Hopefully I'll be happy to seriously travel to currys in the future. Just ask them not to close the M25 at 11.00 pm

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21886

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by graham_mitchell on 23 December 2004

Have fun with it!p.s. it's Baden-Württemberg
I cant find the umlaut on my english keyboard :roll:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22009

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Hendo on 24 December 2004[quote:we4kreYlcC="Previous poster"]Quote: [i:we4kreYlcC]Originally posted by graham_mitchell on 23 December 2004Have fun with it![/i:we4kreYlcC]
p.s. it's Baden-Württemberg
I cant find the umlaut on my english keyboard :roll:

[/quote]

There is also a double 't' ;)

On a Windows machine, if you go to Start->Programs->System Tools->Character Map, you will be able to select any special character you want to copy and past into normal text.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22023

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back