Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

anyone have experience of a 70's 911?

warren mcbride

Spa-Francorchamps
I have the possibilty to acquire a 1973 911 s, that has been "re-created" into a 2.7 RS. It comes complete with a genuine 2.7 RS motor, lightweigth interior etc. Car weighs 1000kg's and has 210 bhp. Essentially it is the real thing, just less the price. oh and its Viper Green - very 70's. The standard of the work will be very high as it wouldnt be allowed on the road here if it wasnt, so i am not too concerned about that aspect.

Has anyone driven or even better owned an early 911? I am not buying it to run it as a daily driver, but in the summer months it may see some regular use.

If there is someone out there that has experience of a 2.7 RS Carrera, then even better.I have seen the article re autofarms recreation, but as this is based on a 3.2 Carrera it doesnt really have any relevance. Thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21819

Warren, there's an article in this month's 911 & Porsche World about a '73 E Targa with an RS spec 2.7 engine - would be worth a read for you. I don't have access to a scanner, but I'm sure a more IT-minded 911UK'er might be able to help here ........

Jamie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21820

Thanks Jamie - i get 911 & Pw sent here - but my copy is always a little late - i will look forward to it arriving even more now. Unless any one wants to email a copy of the article to me today of course ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21821

Hi Warren, do you still want a scanned copy? I have just bought my copy and have a scanner in the office. Send me a PM with you email address and I will forward.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21824

Baylon - pm'd you. thanks a lots.

Anyone else with info ?

What about Ferrari's rule? In your past collection of cars does a 70's car feature?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21828

not sure if 'bones' is still here.. but he does know a few things about older 911's ..

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21864

Cheers Sundeep.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21955

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back