Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 TURBO

blaz

Hello 911 nuts..I have a 993 C4s and was thinking of moving to a 997 CS, but wondered whether to wait until someone else has taken the depreciation hit and spend a couple of years in a 2 - 3 year old 996 turbo as they seem relatively good value and free of the initial depreciation hit. Any thoughts?

Blaz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21415

Sounds like a very good plan to me! Although I hear 996 turbo owners did not like the 997 C2S as much as their car after test drives...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21416

depends if you want to pay through the nose for a new car!

996 Turbos and Mk1 GT3's are becoming good VFM, 993 is still the car to have though :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21418

aye.. 996 turbo is the one to get (only 996 I would want)..

esp at they are starting from the sub £50k... price bracket..

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21420

only seen LHDs under 50k

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21422

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by noony on 11 December 2004

only seen LHDs under 50k
isn't that the way they are designed :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21432

Well I know it's a nice dilemma to have, esp as the 993 4S is such a beauty, but we have to move on...the 996 turbo is the only 996 that's rung any bells for me but I've yet to drive one. I've heard they're almost TOO perfect - can this be true? Has anyone out there made the same move as I'm considering...would love to hear from you!

Blaz

993 C4S manual

18" turbo wheels

turbo rear spoiler

AMD chip

stunning iris blue met, with a Zymol Vintage jacket!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21447

sounds like the right move up the porsche ladder..

as IMHO as the std 993 v 996 are very similar in terms of performace... you are only really changing for say style / practical / age reasons, etc, etc

although a C4S does look & sound tempting (esp with the sports exhaust !)

a turbo = the right move into 996... to justify losing the air-cooled legend.. so what ever you loose out on being air-cooled you gain in extreme 'modern' performance....

so does that makes sense (?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21453

Yep, well it seems to make sense to me. particularly if you look at 993 turbo residuals; if the 996 turbo holds its value as well as that, it does seem like good vfm to me!

It'll have to be good to cash in the water cooled legend, mind!

Blaz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21454

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back