Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 door design fault

Al Boy

The door stay on my 993 has broken. I believe this is a common fault in the 993s design.
The repair is expensive - the pillar has to be cut open, the bracket spot welded back, reinforced, closed up and resprayed - about £350 I'm told.
Porsche GB have been known to make FOC repairs, as this is a known fault, however they've told me that they won't make my repair as I don't have an OPC-only service book.
Has anyone manged to get Porsche to cover their repair? If not, how much has been paid? Thanks.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20580

350 doesnt sound expensive if they do a good job.

Be aware: OPC paints are like most paint shops - shoddy workmanship.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20639

Had mine fixed but it involves a weld in door shut -( only a tiny blob !)

bit ugly but cheap fix ----***** all really £100 ish ,

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20848

Maybe too late in your particular case Al Boy, but there is a very good DIY fix on the p-car website. Not tried it myself yet but seems to cure the problem. I think the whole assembly is actually too weak for the size/weight of the door and welding does seem to be a good option.
http://p-car.com/diy/doorcheck/

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20861

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back