Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ferrari Versus Porsche

Fingers

Imola
My friend who works for Ferrari in Japan said the following:

' The only reliable car Ferrari builds is Mr. Shoemakers all the others are for people to go dating or look good'

Another Ferrai owner said that if his mum was on her death bed and it was 2.00am and the only transport options were a 911 or a 360 he wouldn't risk taking the Ferrari.

Incidentally, I love both and will definitely be by a Ferrari by the time I am 35 - only a few more years to go - BUT having spent last Friday in a 360F1 I quickly got bored. BUT, I really liked having just about every single man woman and dog (hard to distinguish in some cases between the women and dogs) the looks I was getting. Love or hate them, no one can go past one without looking at it.

Incidentally, how many use people in this forum have owned a Ferrari as a daily driver?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19940

I can spell but just made a typo on the word Ferrari -

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19941

Sorry about all my typing mistakes - I only have to start talking about Ferrari's and my typing gets worse - strange - Italian Passion - Porsche Precision .......

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19942

As you said it yourself, you only want a Ferrari to be looked at. And that accounts for 90% of Ferrari owners. (figure without accurate scientific research! :wink: )

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19943

What is the point of a car that cant go from A to B?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19944

I know - its weird - I want to change - I want to be content with the best car in the world - the one I own - the 2003 C2 I have (mind you I really want a 993 and 997 as well now) but somewhere inside of the immature, naive, glutton for punishment that I am I need to burn my fingers with a Ferrari which are owned by Fix It Again Tony - Fiat for a while. Its like when I first smoked, I knew I would hate it but had to feel sick before I never wanted to do it again! Stupid but honest : )

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19945

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Servo Sarai on 28 October 2004

Incidentally, how many use people in this forum have owned a Ferrari as a daily driver?
if we get one, that's what it will be!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19951

Coincidentally I chanced today upon a website for an independent Ferrari sales/service outfit. Their fixed-cost servicing looked quite reasonable - at least for some Ferrari models - and the used prices were a surprise as well.

Of course it may be that problems between services could push up one's overall outlay, but the cost of ownership could be lower than I expected. Might be fun to own one for a spell some time.

But in the meantime I'm more than happy with my 993, and I do need a car that I'm not worried about driving in rain, winter, etc...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19952

ferraris wipe the floor with porsches as i have had both 6 ferraris and 12 porsches and at the moment i have a ferrari the last good car porsche made was the 3.2 carrera you talk utter crap servo sarai keep taking the druks and talking crap

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19955

[quote:7PKEiaosMU="Previous poster"]Quote: Originally posted by ferrari's rule on 28 October 2004ferraris wipe the floor with porsches as i have had both 6 ferraris and 12 porsches and at the moment i have a ferrari the last good car porsche made was the 3.2 carrera you talk utter crap servo sarai keep taking the druks and talking crap[/QUOTE]You sound like a 12 year old, and I doubt you've ever even owned a car.

I know a few Ferrari owners and their cars have all broken down.

Even when the Ferraris do run, if you compare a Porsche and a Ferrari of the same price, the Porsche will be the one wiping the floor.

And at the top of the range, the Carrera GT is lapping tracks faster than the Enzo for a lot less money.

Porsche has had a lot more motorsport victories over the years than Ferraris.

Ferraris are fun toys, not real cars.

You know nothing about Porsches if you think the 3.2 Carrera was the last good one. Can anyone say 993? GT3? etc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19956

how many people can afford a 993 gt3 lets look at the new flagship 996 about 35% of thes cars have water problems and dealers will not buy them if they are out of porsche warrenty same with boxers i will agree old ferrari's did break down but since the mid 80's ferrari have just got better and more reliable but porsche have gone the other way since 1996 porsche have had loads of problems with boxter and 996 with all the development ferrari have improved but porsche have gone backwards and yes i also own a porsche but would not buy a newish one as 993 are fetching the same money sometimes more than a 996 so what does that tell you

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19957

Come on Ferrari's Fool - don't take it so seriously, we're talking about bloody cars at the end of the day. I told you I love Ferrari's, told you I will be buying one - one day. Most of us are grown up enough to admit that ALL cars including Porches have faults. Porsche 35% according to your statistics - don't doubt that figure! But 95% of Ferrari's have some sort of drama.

For example do you know about the current recall on 360's? Its a major problem in Japan, 2 - 3 months to get the work done.

Out of interest what Ferrari do you currently drive? Any honest advice on which ones cause problems? A friend of mine who owned a 355 for about 2 years was telling me today he didn't have one problem with it the whole time he owned it and he did about 15,000 Km in it. Mind you - he sold it and kep his cab Carrera 2. The main reason being practicality, Tokyo parking is a headache and Ferrari's can't get into most car parks here. Too low and too wide. Maximum width in 90% of machine parking systems in Japan is 185cm.

Also, one reason the 993 will always hold its value is that it truly is the end of an era - the last air cooled Porsche. And of course its a great car too boot!

Incidentally, Ferrari 355's really hold their prices in Japan, more than 360's. 550's and 575's depreciate about 50% in their first year. Late 456's in Japan are about GBP 30,000 to GBP 40,000 - does that mean they are not good cars?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19958

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by ferrari's rule on 29 October 2004

how many people can afford a 993 gt3 lets look at the new flagship 996 about 35% of thes cars have water problems and dealers will not buy them if they are out of porsche warrenty same with boxers i will agree old ferrari's did break down but since the mid 80's ferrari have just got better and more reliable but porsche have gone the other way since 1996 porsche have had loads of problems with boxter and 996 with all the development ferrari have improved but porsche have gone backwards and yes i also own a porsche but would not buy a newish one as 993 are fetching the same money sometimes more than a 996 so what does that tell you
Blimey - if the Italian workers work like you speak, they'd never have a rest. There's this thing called punctuation. It makes you. Stop. And Pause, and the rest... I do love your eloquance and rationalised arguments!!! LOL

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19961

granted, he is not good at punctuation, but he does own this ferrari...

fer1.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19962

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by ferrari's rule on 28 October 2004

ferraris wipe the floor with porsches as i have had both 6 ferraris and 12 porsches and at the moment i have a ferrari the last good car porsche made was the 3.2 carrera you talk utter crap servo sarai keep taking the druks and talking crap
that wasn't very nice ferrari boy :roll:

I'm not sure what you are trying to do.. you seem to want to cross the line between banter & abuse...?????

but you may have a point that Ferrari's may actually be better to use than my Flash dust buster to wipe floors.. I'll leave the Porsche for driving.. :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19963

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back