Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Child seats

BT4747

Anybody have experience in shoehorning child seats into back of a 911 (993). Have a four year old, and would like to be able to put her in something more substantial than a booster seat.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18966

Many moons ago i managed to get a child seat into my old 993. It's a bit of a squeeze and quite awkward but it's deffo do-able.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18976

Have a look on
www.britax.co.uk

They list a a Britax "Freeway" as being suitable for the rear of a 911. I haven't tried it myself but I plan to get these as soon as I have found a 993. From recollection they are suitable for a child of 9kg and upwards.

They are currently about £60 at Toys R Us. I can vouch for Britax products from my professional experience.

pp

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18987

My brother uses the Porsche child seat for his two - they are two and five years old. Both seem to be happy in them and apparently they're pretty good on the safety front as well.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18991

Tried Britax, Freeway and Elite. Found the seatbelt buckle is too far forwar, thus getting in the way as well as not holding the seat firmly. Am I doing it wrongly? Tried the Recaro one as well, base is too wide to fit.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19012

I managed to buy a second-hand Porsche seat from a 964-owning friend to fit in the back of my 993.

I found the new Porsche seat ('Prince') would only fit if I got the rear belt extended, for which my local OPC wanted to charge me in excess of £100.

Be interested to hear if someone could confirm a new Britax fits in the 993 without needing a seat belt extension??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19014

I did the seat belt extension a while back, very very easy, I did it in less than 1/2 hr. Just buy the long seatbelt and fit it yourself, if I can do it, anybody can! And there's no L or R difference. You'll need the long seat belt even if you can manage to fit the Britax, when I tried it, the long belt only just fit.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19017

Hi, has anyone else tried a Britax Freeway in the back of a 993? They are currently half price at Halfords

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22195

Tried Britax Freeway in 996. Could never get the thing rigid so went out and bought the Porsche one which gives a v good firm fit. Don't take the risk is all I can say. Pay the money for one that really fits.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22200

I did the seat belt extension and used the Porsche Prince seat and all worked fine in the back of my 993.

Am now selling my 993, so if anybody wants my Prince seat and extension belt just PM me.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22206

I can now report back after having tried just about everything commercially available including the Britax Freeway. I have reverted to the Porsche Prince and Zoom for my two children. Quite frankly nothing else fits properly. My 993 has three point belts and I had to fit the extended belt in order for it to go around the Prince properly.

The only other advice I can offer is that I recently saw a new Britax seat in Halfords that looks like the Porsche Zoom at about half the price. (BTW Romer make the Porsche Zoom, Britax and Romer are the same company).

pp

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22244

forget to ask..

Noony how are the child sets in the 911 ? :p

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22359

I tried a Britax Freeway in my 993 today, and there was no way it would ever go in- the girl at Morthercare stronlgly recommended I did not purchase it as it did not have proper contact with the back and base of the seat.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22732

Thanks Robert, I will give the Britax Freeway a miss and go for the Porsche seat

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22756

I just ordered a Porsche Prince seat from AFN Reading: £135 for the seat, and £81 for the belt extension, which I will attempt to fit myself...

Robert.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22772

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back