Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Imports

JulesT

I'm looking to buy a 996 (C2 or C4) and was expecting my budget to stretch to a 1999/ T reg car. Today I went to see an X reg C4 (2001 model) which matched almost exactly what I was looking for, except I found out while I was there, that it was originally imported. The slightly improved 2001 spec and the fact it's a newer car appeals but I can't decide whether the importing is an issue or not. Anyone have any views? It looks like I can get a UK warranty on it from Porsche so should be covered from that side, which makes me feel more comfortable about it.

I've also seen a T reg C2 996 (sub 20,000 miles) which I like but it doesn't have the traction control. Does the traction control make a huge difference? Again, any views?

Thanks.....

Jules

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17877

i reckon a sqeaky-clean import - i.e. with all correct paperwork - should be fine so long as all history is pukka.

pay 3 grand less for it than it's UK counterpart and be prepared to value it similarly at disposal.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17880

Hi jay jay

Which country did it come from?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17886

Imports....

If its a uk spec car where is the problem? Some Dealers will crab it , but not to the tune of three k in my experience, but some will crab anything. Various official Porsche centers will buy and sell imports, so there is no problem with the car all things being equal. Plus when you sell, the car will be older and the older it is the less important which country supplied.....plus as time goes on so a parallel import becomes much more commonplace. Treat the purchase as you would any 996.

Traction control, well its not a significant factor in value, some people with it will recommend, but if you are not a heavy footed hooligan you should be just fine. Buy the best condition you can find for your money and consider taking a Porsche warranty.

Good luck,

Adrian Crawford.

www.performance2and4.co.uk
www.911secrets.com

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17887

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back