Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 3.2 G50 questions

Carrera1

Hi!

I've previously owned a '77 Carrera 3.0 and a '82 SC. Now I'm looking into buying a '87-'89 LHD Carrera 3.2. I've never driven one before and going to have a look at a possible low mileage candidate on Saturday, so I thought I'd ask a few questions in advance.

Are any of the late 3.2's equipped with power steering or power brakes or did these goodies arrive with the 964?

Is it possible to install an airconditioning system to one of these cars? The ones over here with some known history seem to be rather spartanic without any pricey options.

Any pointers on buying a 3.2 G50? I've had enough of the 915 gearbox so the earlier cars are not a possibility for me and I've been scared off by the potentially expensive repair and service bills of the 964... and for some odd reason the 3.2's are quite a lot cheaper over here than the 964. If I've understood correctly the late 3.2's and early 964's cost about the same in the UK and also in Germany for that matter...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17439

Carrera,

No 3.2s had power steering or ABS, (they did have servo assisted brakes however). I actually own a 1989 lhd which has factory aircon. It is possible, but very expensive to retro-fit aircon, plenty of people in the USA seem to do it. I suggest you look at the Pelican Parts forum for pointers on how to do this.

You are also right that the prices of late 3.2s and early 964s do overlap in the UK, though I'm not really convinced that this is justified.

If it's of any interest (although obviously difficult geographically !) my 3.2 is currently for sale - have a look here ...

http://www.911uk.com/car.asp?stockid=107809

Jamie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17442

Thank's for the info Jamie!

Your car looks very nice! One of my favourite colour combinations. However, after I add up the importing costs I'll get a nice example locally for about £3300 cheaper. I'm going to see a pretty much standard (black half leather, no whale tail which I prefer & no A/C) red '88 model on Saturday with full service history and 112kkm's (about 70 kmiles).

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17443

Good luck, hope it works out they are great cars. Do contact me if the car's no good (my price is negotiable !)

Jamie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17445

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back