Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 O/s/r arch

Kevin Priest

Has anyone come across what looks like corrosion behind the armourfend on the rear wheel arches behind the armour fend.

The panel hasnt ever been replaced and the paint looks very original. It may not be corrosion but could be a flaw in the armour fend.

Has anyone seen this or heard of corrosion in that area.?

Also slightly creakey clutch when depressed, although works perfectly ok and no signs of slipping.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17175

cant comment on the rust..

but the plastic film is not actually amourfend.. same concept but IIRC it's an light aircraft type film which is much softer than armourfend.....

creaky clutch... almost every day on my 993 and mine is a new clutch !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17179

It may not be rust but I think I am going to have to get it to a dealer to see what they say. Anyway I bought it saturday C4 Manual, polar silver, 18" rims only 33000 with FPMDSH. Should be delivered thursday, I cant wait.

The clutch works fine just creaks slightly when depressing the pedal.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17180

i had the same issue with my clutch - spoke to my mech who said its fine - lots of them do it .

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17207

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by warren mcbride on 02 August 2004

i had the same issue with my clutch - spoke to my mech who said its fine - lots of them do it .
damn annoying though :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17248

i agree Sundeep - it is annoying - it reminds me of my old beetle that did exactly the same thing !!!

You still smiling ????

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17253

Corrosion...

its highly unlikely to be corrosion, more likelt to be a minor defect or reaction in the paint....shouldnt worry about it...creaky clutch common place as above. Get on and enjoy your new 993.

Adrian Crawford.
www.911secrets.com
www.performance2and4.co.uk

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17283

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SondeMadiu
Back