Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 leg room

Ray

Monza
I
have been saving for a 996. However, after reading all the threads on engine failures and RMS problems on here and Rennlist I am starting to wonder if this would be a wise purchase.

I may now look for a 993 or 964 instead, but there is a problem, I am very long in the leg and find the driving position very cramped in the air cooled models thats why I settled on a 996.

There is however a modification for the 993's seat mounting (which someone from this forum kindly posted) which allows some additional leg room. Is there a similar mod for the 964 ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16705

not sure there is !

if there is for a 993 please tell me !

although I did find.. may be car specific that the half electric seats that slide back manually seem to have more leg room ! than those with full electric adjustment !

or that just could have been me !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16708

Sundeep

Can't remember the exact details, but it was something to do with the seat position on the rail bracket, there are two positioning holes.

You have to reposition the seat on the back holes which gives an extra 25-30mm.

the details were definately posted on here, but it was a while ago

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16711

Sundeep

Have a look at page 10 of this section of the forum.

It appears that I may have answered my own question and yours.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16712

Just as a side comment, for the driver, LHD cars have in effect more legroom than RHD cars because they have less pedal offset giving a more natural, comfortable driving position.

Just a thought.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16719

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back