Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Targa Roof problem

S P Flanders

Well maybe it's not the roof, but whenever I put the car in a position where the chassis might flex (such as turning into my driveway), there is a sharp crack emanating from the area around where the passenger door pillar meets the roof rail or possibly just behind. I've had this problem for sometime but definitely worse in the summer or when the cars been parked in the sun for a while. No better or worse when the roof is open or closed. Anyone any ideas? Car is 96 Targa RHD, no accident repairs.

Steve

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16534

i'm not a techie.. BUT THAT SOUNDS BAD !

get that checked out asap !!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16537

Steve

I've not experienced this myself but have had a minor water leak and some wind noise - both of which are now sorted. I've got two technical service bulletins covering targa top noises and leaks. The one on noises contains some information on creaks/rattles from the B post area. If you'd like a copy of this/these send me a PM.

Jon.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16546

Jon,

Thanks for the offer, but Stevo sent me this last night after I posted. Makes interesting reading - I'll have a look this w/e. Just found this forum BTW, can't believe I haven't come accross it before.

Steve

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16550

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back