Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 spec'd but lots not available!

Sarbs

Nurburgring
Spec'd the 997 2s today. The option list is ok, in fact quite reasonably priced, but lots of the options are not yet available, -SPORTS EXHAUST being one!

Apparantly sept/and oct cars definately wont have them and no definate date has yet been given to when they will be available.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16368

ive seen that the second 'wave' of options will be available by around march.

do you know what colours are available on the first units?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16514

Dont know about the colours, i've gone for the obligatory silver black combo, taking a september car until next march when I get my properly spec'd car, gonna work out better than I could have hoped!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16530

12th on the list at my dealers, been told that it is likley to be Dec/Jan before I see my 997 S

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16531

WM- It'll be well worth the wait.

The option delay is gonna upset a few people, must be nice to have a product that you can serve up when only half the options are available and still know that demand will be crazy!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16532

I've just been told by 2 dealers that delivery on a C2S would be March/April. Furthermore monthly allocations are unusually large at the moment so placing an order in a few months time could well result in a lead time of 12-18 months. "Now is probably the best time to place an order Sir"

Could anyone with experience of ordering new porsches comment? Is this just the usual sales crap? I was surprised the waiting list was this short at the moment I must admit.

Thanks

Simon

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16541

Never sure if you should trust them or not, I have been told that they are getting 5 (3 x S & 2 x Standard) for the launch date and then the same rate per month for the first 12 months.

When the Cayenne was launched they wanted plenty on the road so that they could create some demand, not a problem the will have with the 997, having spoken to a Porsche representative at the Motorshow he confirmed they would not be supplying extra vehicles for the launch.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16543

A lot of people will wait until the options list is ful. A friend has got the 1st car from one of the largest dealers. The number of options unavailable is unbeleivable. No Sports exhaust etc etc...

I will only get a 997 if they bring out a track orientated one.

I have a Boxster Coupe Club Sport though....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16547

Simon, stick deposit down now, if the car comes too soon just defer.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16551

Yeah that's what I'm thinking Sarbs. And if I change my mind altogether (or rather if my finances change their mind!) the deposit is fully refundable anyway.

Simon

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16552

Simon, you'd have a 997 C2S over a 996 turbo? £60k for a turbo+£4k for some trickery at DMS automotive=520hp and still less than a C2S. Reviews of the DMS turbo in this month's EVO and this week's Autocar

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16556

Noony as soon as you mess with a car, and make it non standard the re sale market narrows significantly, i've read the reviews about the dms and agreed it turns a fantastic car into a beast, but you try and part ex that car at an opc, and they will bend you over!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16557

Well just don't px at an OPC!

Even so the extra enjoyment of the 520hp is surely worth 4k? You don't even have to tell the buyer, as the ECU is undectable by porsche and the exhaust uses the standard pipes. In fact you don't even have to get the exhaust, but then you would only get around 500hp.

And a standard 996 turbo is still faster than a C2S/4WD/has more ''kudos'' despite not being the newest car on the block.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16558

Yeah Id rather have the 997 Noony. Its not about being the newest thing, Ive always wanted a 911 since I was at school and the 3.2s were new. Is great to finally have one but theres a possibility of a windfall next easter/summer and the 997 appeals in a way the 996 never did to me. Plus I know I will keep spending money on the 3.2 slowly bringing it back to as-new which nobody will thank me for at resale. And I cannot believe a 997 won't be quick enough for me!

Simon

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16561

Will this be your new daily driver? I noticed you sold the audi for a BMW. Good luck, and make sure you get a bright orange one! There is still a chance we may get one if they look particularly stunning in the flesh.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16562

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back