Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How to remove brake discs?

SIMBER

Hi, ok, maybe a staight forward job to most of you but I,ve never done this before-

How do I remove the brake disc from my 911 SC 3.0 1979

(front & rear - Right hand side)

Thanks.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15577

Rear: undo two 19mm bolts (torque = 40 ft lb)on back of caliper. Carefully hang (or otherwise support) caliper so as not to bend brake line too much. Unscrew two small screws holding rotor on to hub. Pull off rotor.

Front: undo same 19mm bolts (torque = 55 ft lb) on caliper and hang it as per rear. Pull off bearing cover with humongous channel lock pliers, by wiggling back and forth and cursing vehemently. Undo wheels bearing retaining nut with 6mm hex (torque = 11 ft lb). Pull off washer and bearing race. Remove hub with rotor attached to it. Unscrew rotor from hub (30 ft lb?). When putting the wheel bearing retaining cap back on make sure you leave enough play so the washer can slide back and forth when you push on it with a screw driver.

The first time you do this it will take a very long time. You should really buy a copy of Bentley, which will have more detailed instructions and torque values.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15620

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back