Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

jay jay

Monza
having spent a year or more in the non-Porsche wilderness (audi, BMW, etc) am now delighted to be looking forward to a 997 C2"S" due for Jan '05 delivery.

any advice as to ideal colour/ spec combo?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15511

Welcome back - nearly - what route have gone to buy this one OPC or import

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15512

hi johnny...

OPC.

I cancelled the 996 GT3RS some time ago because i wouldn't have been taking delivery of that until June '04. - which just didn't suit.

So my OPC dealer kept me on the list for 997 instead. So i'm happier really because the RS seems to be a little too hardcore for everyday.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15513

You want orange/black

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15515

No really you do! Are there any new colours for the 997? What are you driving in the meantime?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15517

Old forum user Unidentified(4266) wrote:

Welcome back Jay Jay

Good luck with the 997, Arctic Silver and black leather again?? Actually I think the 997 looks better in strong solid colours from the pics I've sen so far.

I also took delivery yesterday of an X5 facelift D Sport Auto as we needed something a bit bigger than the 4S and Mini for everyday. So far I really like it (given that it is a 2 tonne 4X4) and the whole buying experience was better than the Porsche overall. How did you like the X5. I couldn't get passed the looks of the Cayenne and 20 mpg (or less!) seemed a bit OTT. Still think I might sell the 4S but I am not thinking of getting a 997 and will probably wait for the next iteration whenever that is.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15590

I have the same problem (or pleasure!!!) the red on the pictures looks fantastic, however I reckon silver or black are the colours to protect against depreciation.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15593

thanks for the welcome, Robut...

Silver / black always works....but is silver actually in danger of becoming the new white?

Here's hoping there's a new colour or two for 997 ...of which one will obviously be a "must-have".

Margaux '82 please, merchant. Now - there is a colour.........

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15599

Riviera Blue - best ever 911 colour (IMO!)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15601

Yes but Silver has been the predicted new White for errrr too long.

Silver or Black (Silver) always works on 911. Look from 1963 and all the models till now they all look great in Silver.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15605

I agree with Silver and Black. I know they're boring 'cos everybody has silver/black, but it's popular for a very good reason--it looks good on a 911!

Do they still do Polar silver? it's a little more interesting than arctic silver.

Good luck.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15608

Exactly. Don't know about Polar, I am going to Porsche Cambridge for 0900 so will ask.

They were meant to give my car back tomorrow but called at 2000 today and said they were not happy with the paint job so wanted it a few more days. I have their Boxter S courtesy car at present and will surprise them in the morning to see what exactly is going on !!!

Using OPC as having windsreen corrosion sorted under warranty. (and other bits)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15610

Silver silver silver. Thats the only colour that bores me to death. For goodness sake have some B***s and go for something interesting, noticeable and sexy. Cobalt blue, Midnight, or black if you have to be a little bit safe. Save silver for your retirement.

LOL

O

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15673

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back