Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Brake judder on 993

Adom

Wonder if anyone can help on this one - Just bought the car (96N C2) a couple of months ago - the garage I bought it from had replaced rear discs & pads and away I went. However, when braking from 70+ (and more noticeable when the brakes are warm) there is a rumbling sound from the rear and a judder through the pedal, but not the steering.

It is currently back at the garage, who are checking the runout on the discs, and taking them apart to see if they can find what is wrong. The service manager did say that if I were using the brakes hard at high speeds then I could expect a certain amount of vibration, however I think this is codswallop, and have told him that it is unacceptable on a car with brakes that I thought were supposed to be rated for 1,000 bhp. Anyway, I just hope that they manage to sort it, as it is beginning to taint the joy of ownership. Just wondered whether anyone else had had a similar problem. Fronts seem fine by the way.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15174

Hi,

Your spot on taking the car back for that problem to be sorted out.

Breaking with warm brakes from high speed has always been a smooth affair in the 993's I've owned (C2 & TT), so I think your man is walloping the cod!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15176

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back