Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

hi and advice please

nick

Hi all,

firstly what a great forum this is :)

im hoping to buy my first porsche very soon and being a porsche virgin i could do with some pointers

i have a budget of around 10/11k and i am hoping to pick up a 3.2 if possible in guards red :)

im not new to performance cars and my previously owned car list is shocking (pulsar gti-r,sierra cosworth,golf vr6 etc) to name a few.

ive moved on from the hot hatch and boy racer days and am settling nicely in to my new age of 30!!! and our family car takes care of the holidays and the wife and our son although he will love a porker!! (car mad)

im not scared of getting my hands dirty and untill recently i was working as a semi skilled mechanic so i have some knowledge although nothing on air cooled engines!!

i will judge it on its merits and treat it like any other car when inspecting, just could do with some helpfull pointers on what areas to pay particular intrest on

my main concern is how reliable these cars are as i will need to use the car every day to get to work 30 mile round trip and no dis-respect i dont want it gathering dust in the week and only used on sunny sunday afternoons..........

am i being unrelistic about running it day to day?

sorry for the long winded post just getting excited about owning my first porsche

regards

nick

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15014

There's a great article in the May 2004 edition of 911 & Porsche World you might want to take a look at. It covers just the area you're interested in.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15016

manek,

thanks for advice dude ordered it online :) local newsagent has everything but lol

found a magazine called classic car mart with a rather nice 3.2 article amazing what you buy for 4 pages...lol got bitten by the porsche bug big time :)

does anyone have a 80's 3.2 near nottingham/derby that i could have a look at i would be very gratefull to see one that im not buying to gauge some sort of reference etc theres a pint with your name on it :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15019

got home tonight from work and lying on the carpet is my 911 & porsche world magazine and a ultimate buyers guide by peter morgan that i ordered online on saturday :)

i have drove my wife and son up the wall tonight as i have mumbled 3 words and have only just finished reading them both lol

thanks manek excellent advice :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15082

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back