Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993C2S for a 996?

Fran Hayes

Considering changing my 993C2S with full kit in Silver for a 996 in silver with a GT3 Kit

Anyone got any ideas for interested parties or where the best place would be.

Regards

Fran

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14697

I am a little biased on this one, but I too would keep the C2S.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14707

The 993 will hold it's value alot more than the 996. Keep the 993.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14708

I am completely biased - keep the 993 c2s.

Better looking - aircooled - will be the classic.

I've had mine 6 weeks after looking for a while. Considered a 996 before getting it for oh about ....... 1 second.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14713

Go and drive a 996. Play with the 'aluminum effect' plastic buttons. Keep the 993.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14714

Controversial!

Just got a
996 C4 (man) and love it. Have to use it for business (Not just pleasure) and it suits me, even though I am not an old fogey. I am going to get shot down by the 993 gang, but hey, I will be smiling all they way home tonight on the back roads!

Looked at a couple of
996 with GT3 kits and thought they were a bit over the top, also the Insurance goes up by £600 because of.

Horses for courses. Go and drive a few and make up your own mind.

Take on board the comment about 993 holding it’s value better than 996 though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14715

Anybody else want to lay praise on the C2S - we need to keep the residuals high.

Personally I think it is the best car ever made and could one day fetch GTO type prices. A bit over the top maybe?

Seriousley, I've had mine a few months and am very pleased with it. Just wish I could resist the temptation to keep, tastefully, modifing it.

Doing my first track day on Saturday - a little nervous to say the least.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14727

I'm also a little biased, but a silver 993 C4S with big reds on the corners, plus all the kit minus the turbo and wing, in my view is the one.

I am a year into ownership, have added factory oval exhaust tips, aluminium gear lever and hand brake, and C4S door entry sills, a CDR220 plus CDC6 multi-changer. Am now considering PSS9 coil-overs to complete the package.

As a daily driver I have got used to the plus'es and minus'es and the only wish I have would be for more power.

Regards from over the pond.

Nick

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14728

I am also biased, but unlike TLG I am an old fogey (young at heartthough) and definitely would not change my C4S in artic silver with red full leather upholstery, sundym windows but otherwise standard, for any 996.

I have had my car a little over a year now and enjoy it very much even though I don't use it as a daily driver. In true old fogey style I also have a old 7 series BMW and thats a great car as well.

Hoping to be able to go to Cornbury House PCGB headquarters on 2nd May for a 993 gathering. Could be very interesting.

Michael

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14729

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back