Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Data Logger

Sean Dudding

Nurburgring
All

Does anyone know much about Data Loggers. I am thinking of fitting one to my RS. It looks like if I buy a GPS based one it measures acceleration, decelleration, position on track and G forces, would be pretty cool, especially the circuit map.

The two I am looking at are the Datalogic DL90 and the Racelogic Vbox 2 Lite.

Just looking for opinions.

Cheers Sean

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13132

As you're well aware some tracks / track day companies have a real bee in their bonnet about any timing / logging equipment. I don't know of anyone who's been booted off the track for it, but I'm sure it's happened. I'm sure these things are never terribly black and white anyway.

Given your habit of being told off for intimidating driving :wink:
it might not be such a great idea to have a data logger too !!!!!!!!!

Jamie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13135

Jamie

I don't intimidate anyone.. :D

I beleive the rules on Data logging are that as long as you don't down load the data at the circuit, then it isn't classed as timing.

To be honest it's just another excuse to look at buying gadgets....

Turns out the racelogic one is £1500+VAT which is a little high, and the Datalogic one is £499. Not sure what help it may be.

Cheers Sean

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13142

NB.

It's actually the AP22 he has for sale - with full download capability.

Jamie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13212

Jamie

Thanks

For £75 it's probably worth a try. Unfrotunetly leaving for Singapore in a few hours so not sure I could coordinate with the seller in time :-(

Cheers Sean

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13213

I'll see if I can get an email address quick-ish

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13214

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back