Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCGB

Perry Olds

I'm sure I read somewhere that Porsche UK have bought PCGB.

If they have,it would explain why issue after issue is becoming a quasi brochure for that pointless 4WD Panzerwagen. I don't want to read a 6 page article on that ugly devaluing contraption. Who cares if it does 140 in the sahara?

No articles on 'How to fix'. Why? I suppose 'Porsche' owners don't get their hands dirty. I want to know how to strip down a 911 door,replace a headlight lens,case studs etc. Who's running an '83 turbo on a shoestring budget?.

Other clubs are much more 'old school'.

I'll probably renew because I like to attend the odd event and need the info. But something don't seem right...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12175

Perry

That would be very interesting and not something I had heard, but I have to agree that the recent mag was a bit too much. My biggest concern with these mags is the frequent (and becoming more frequent) halo attached to anything Porsche. It seems the same in GT Magazine as well. PCGB will work because it is innovative yet not tied to the manufacturer - a working relationship should be had, but one that is also kept at a distance to maintain a sense of singularity. It would be interesting to see if anyone can support this theory/story/fact?

If you read any of the other mags (non-Porsche) you'll see many have the same story as they were all on the launch. However, as someone who works in the automotive industry, I do believe this is the first stage of the devalue-ing of the Porsche brand and the dilution of the DNA. Certainly not for a while, as in at leats five years, but my bet is that given this period of time, when no doubt other machines will surface that move away from the hard core driving element, people will start to see Porsche as 'one who made classic sports cars' rather than a company that does (if it's diluted with other vehicles).
I fully understand why the company has done what it has and the rationale behind it. I just think it's shame and will have a long lasting effect that is both good and bad.

Soap box rant over...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12180

Indeed Sir,

I'm not entirely sure if PCGB have been aquired. But it does seem that way. Porshepost has become a borish plug. And I pay £35 P.A. for it.

As far as Porsche Gmbh are concerned, you can sleep knowing you have the final true 'classic' product to be made. The 993. I drive an '89 Cabriolet. That being the last year of the undiluted 'raw' 911(Purists say the coupe and only the coupe but I like the sky!). You possess the final incarnation of the original breed. The ceiling was reached. New slate in '98.

I agree with you, the DNA has been scrambled. The double helix muddled. Porsche were going bust. They got the Japs in to advise how to improve productivity. Streamline the build process.

Rolex have remained exclusive. It's swings and roundabouts. 'We' may not buy the new product but plenty are. More than ever in fact. The figures speak for themselves. Huge profits.

Would I buy a new Porsche? If I had the wealth I have to say yes. I'd order a Guards red GT3 and ask the 'Special wish' department to tell me what bespoke options they provide. I'd have a fire breathing road racer play with.

Alas just a mere dream....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12188

Is anyone who is a member of PCGB, as I am, having trouble accessing their forum?

It's a pretty useless forum, however, especially the 993 bit, altogether not a patch on this one, but I do like to have a look now and then, even if it is only for 5 minutes or so.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12199

Perry

I pay £45 p.a for my PCGB membership, are you shagging the Director or do you mean the Porsche 911 World Mag?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12215

Oops £45. I pay by DD.

Is the Director female? Ooh Err Missus

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12229

911 & Porsche World not much better - January front cover headline "V6 manual Cayenne is the best yet!". Who writes this crap?! There's also 16 full pages about the damn thing. Evo mag quite rightly said something like "Porsche 0-60 in 9.7 seconds??!!"

I agree with your comments entirely Perry. I'll stick with my "last of the line" model too. Too many people driving the modern stuff only seem interested in having the latest version of PSM Park assist Litronic multi changer climate traction control, or whatever the latest gizmo is to "enhance" the performance!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12233

I agree with Perry and others here. I'm holding back from joining PCGB. It seems a bit distant, self-obsessed... and they've closed-off the forum parts... "members only".

Doesn't seem friendly. Perhaps it's me.

I shall also continue to enjoy my "last of line" 89 sport coupe as well, Nathan. :D

Gina

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12237

If it aint got Torsion bars you can keep it..

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12250

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by poon on 05 January 2004

Perry are you shagging the Director
What does this mean?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12252

I renewed my membership to PCGB this week but to be honest I think it's 45 quid down the crapper.

I put a question to there tech forum and waited 3 weeks for a reply, I put the same question on this site and had nothing but good honest and helpfull feedback within hours.

I run my pride and joy on a tight budget and like Perry it would be good to see some articles on how to fix things.

Oily

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12256

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by noony on 06 January 2004

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by poon on 05 January 2004

Perry are you shagging the Director
What does this mean?
It's what you are just beginning to experiment with Noony but two people are involved :eek:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12275

hahahahahaha! :p

<ROFL>

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12283

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back