Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Boxster or Cayenne V6

ste-alm

Test drove the Cayenne S (very impressive) considering a V6. I am a little worried about fuel consumption costing a packet, that’s what's put me off so far. I had a boxster 2.7 until recently and don’t know whether to go for another boxster or the Cayenne V6 (they both cost similar money)I am worried about a boxster dropping like a brick when news of the new boxster is confirmed.

What do you all think?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12114

How about a 993? What is your situation? Family?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12121

993's are great car's but i'm a modern porsche man who likes all the mod cons. I have no kids so space isnt a problem but my wife doesnt like the 993 shape and its easier if i can keep the lady on side.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12122

I'm guessing your budget is £35k+. For that price you can get a used 996 or boxster S, which is modern.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12123

996 is nice but running costs are a bit to pricey for me. Boxster S is definatley a contender. its also a step up from the 2.7 however depreciation is an issue with the Mk2 boxster due in 2005 (which is next year now)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12126

I reckon a 2000 boxser S will have had most of the depreciation knocked out of it, and you can get them pretty reasonably now too. It will certainly depreciate less than a brand new cayenne.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12128

cayenne vs boxster

its like saying shall I have chalk or cheese!

They are too different to even start discussing.

Do you want a people carrier/offroad/kiddie hauler or a sports car?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12133

I was told that 996 is cheaper to run than the 993 - eg. they definitely must use less Mobil1 !! :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12136

If running costs are an issue (ie the 996), I would have thought a V6 Cayorag would have been worse - a load more weight to carry around than a 996 and servicing cannot be that much different.

Whatever, as the main man Poon said, chalk and cheese... would you rather have a good Boxster when you can have a larger and similar 996, or a family car that is not exactly the best looking beast on the road that will drink fuel. Me thinks you need to narrow it down a bit more...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12167

Got a porsche badge on the bonnet hasn't it? Though I agree the engine is basically touareg(or however you spell it), but the intake system is ''100% porsche'' :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12260

Noony, Do you mean like a 1980's SEAT Ibiza?? :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12270

In fairness to Noony, I think probably more than the intake system on the Seat was Porsche. Remember those lovely full length decals on the sills with Porsche badging. Ehhhhh!!!!?

Saw a Toerag yesterday and it dawned on me that while not the best looking vehicle, it's a lot better looking than the Cayenne. Just shows what developing a car with somelse can do for you when you are left with a 90% finished product and you then have to put on your own USP. VW had it easy whereas Porsche looked, thought what makes our cars look good. Yep, ther're sportscars. Hhhhhmmm! How about a couple of 911 lights. Stick them on. That's better. Looks like a Porsche with an air gun stuck up it's exhaust. That'll fool them.

Pants is my only comment!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12271

cayenne vs boxster ? People only buy a boxster if they are a hairdresser or cannot afford a 911. People only buy a Cayenne if........actually I can't think of any good reason why somebody would want to buy a Cayenne.

Cayenne vs Boxster.........go for a 993 or 996.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12277

I doubt that there's much difference in running costs between a boxster and a 996 and I know which I'd rather have - 996 3.4 facelift for around £35k.

A friend of mine has a boxster s which he bought a year old fully loaded for about list price (from an OPC granted) so not much depreciation on them (I'd still get a 996 though).

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12287

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back