Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Crappy UK 3.2s

Perry Olds

Well after months of searching I've found a mint '89F 3.2 Cab non sport.And bought it. How come UK cars are usually simply knackered?

I went to the Oldtimer Meet at the 'Ring a couple of times over the last 4 years and witnessed in the Porsche field row after row of non-sport 3.2's. No rust round the bellows,lights,petrol filler or B posts.most on original paint and virtually all simply original extremely tasty cars. But obv not RHD. Surfing the net seems there's plenty of good'ns in the states as well.

Must be the Germans. Strange lot they are.....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11826

That's because there's no salt on the roads in Germany. They used it all up getting to Poland.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11833

I found the same problems whilst looking for mine. So much rubbish about, I ended up paying far less money and got a much newer, better car than if I'd have gone for RHD.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11843

Better 911 in Germany...

Thats how I started importing from Germany years ago. I used to buy UK 911 until I went to Germany for a Mercedes, and the dealer pulled up in the nicest 3.0SC cab I had seen. Not only did it knock spots off the 911 I had been buying in UK, but it was hugely cheaper too...............so thats how the business started for lhd 911 with me. I couldnt wait to go back and buy some more beauties. Now it doesnt make sense price wise and means that most of the UK 3.2 I see leave me feeling a bit underwhelmed.

The Germans are different, what do we British do with an instruction manual? if we dont loose it first we will only read it when weve broken something. Ze Germans first read ze manual, zen ve vill operate ze machinery.

You wont see many German 911 running round on mismatched tyres..zis is not correct.

Further to this rant, if I wanted to buy the nicest 3.2 I could find, assuming none of the 'old' German imports werent suitable for me, I would go to Germany and hang the price , but the value, Germany. :D

Adrian Crawford 911secrets.com performance2and4.co.uk

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11862

I'm also led to believe that 911's are not placed on a mantle in the Fatherland that us 'dizzy' Brits seem to. They're merely 'second' cars for mature professionals who seem to be in a financial position to simply keep them garaged,correctly maintained and 'nice'.

There's loads of one owner g50 cars all over Germany. Nice non sports without cups or teardrops. Mr Crawford is 'bang on'. Two ways of looking at this, if the average car in the UK is a tired 95,000miler and in germany a 40,000miler then the German car should command more. But it doesn't. We pay well over the odds for our cars. However UK dealers have latched on as there is so few 'proper' 3.2's for stock. The going rate I've noticed for a proper 3.2 cab (915's,as I've yet to see a G50 in the last 2years) is 20k. Sub 40k mile cars mind. One dealer is trying 20grand for a 40k mile SC coupe in Classic & Sportscar this month

You pay your money and take your choice. If you've got an original,mint 3.2 with low miles RHD then keep it. I'm keeping mine....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11874

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back