Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Unichip dyno read out

andyphilpott

Monza
Morning chaps. Hope all OK.

Found, by chance, the dyno read out from when I had my 993 (C4) in Australia (hence the Australian registration which, I am proud to say, was later changed to YIDDO, and then subsequently changed again to AP-993) tuned with a Unichip (since I still had one from my WRX days). It gives a good indication of what you can expect from chipping. I have to say seat of the pants didn't seem to make much of a difference, but from the graph, it did make a difference in smoothing out the power curve and giving some additional top end power. Remember, however, that this was a non-varioram car and thus can be tuned in a different manner... It was also tuned on a four wheel dyno which works in Kilowatt and NM (therefore the increase in power at the wheels was about 12bhp)

Cheers

Andy
porker_unichip.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11639

It's not surprising you can't feel the difference in performance. But it is a plus nevertheless to get a sweeter running engine . I do think these manufacturers should have to print dyno figures in their literature where it's compared backto back with stock equipment on a healthy engine.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11699

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back