Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

peeling speedo face 993

john

my 1994 993 (only 40k miles) has a peeling speedo face. apparently it's due to the little bulb overheating the decal. It's a pain and i can't find any solution apart from converting all instruments to white (not my taste) or buying a new speedo (money ouch and wrong mileage etc). anyone got any ideas? apparently this isn't unique to me (u.s forums mention it)

thanks for any ideas

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11519

John, mine has exactly the same problem, looks a complete mess. I was thinking about buying a broken one from a scrap yard and swapping over the internals, though I'm not sure if this is possible. I would guess it's a few hundred notes for a new one.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11520

mine has the same, i thought that my speedo had been tampered with.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11521

Me too, but only the km numbers are tatty, the mph are fine. I'd love to find a reasonably priced solution.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11525

in original message - I should have said it's the kmh onmine too. If so many people have the same problem should we a) do a collective whinge to porsche or b) talk to an instrument refettling company about finding a solution?

JOHN

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11530

Guys

Not sure if this solves the problem as I have never seen the peeling to which you refer but, when I imported my car from CH (I used to live out there), I had the speedo dial repainted to show mph AND kph by a guy called Julian Reap in Harrow. It cost either £40 or £80 (sorry, but I can find out if this ends up being relevant!!). The finish looks great although I am not particularly happy with the way he squeezed in the kph figures. However, in this case, he will have your original speedo to follow so the positioning of the numbers would not be left to anyone's judgement.

If this sounds relevant, let me know. I can find out the cost and a contact number but you will have to disconnect the speedo and send it in the post.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11532

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back