Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

wiring harness recall

Toby Armfield

Spa-Francorchamps
Does anyone know the recall number for the wiring harness problems an 993's and which ones have been affected and what to ask an OPC.

I have a 95 993 cab and want to see if it needs the harness doing or if it has been carried out - the book hasnt been stamped for any recalss.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11404

Toby

From what I know, the never published the actual VIN numbers - only stated that cars built in 1995 or 1996 were subject to this (potentially) and thus you had to go to the OPC with the VIN number to enable them to check it. I suspect this is because they can get an idea of how many people enquired, how many are affected (and thus how may have still to be done) etc. You just need to get the VIN and call any OPC and they'll tell you over the phone...

Andy

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11407

Yes, or I just took mine and they told me it needed doing, FOC.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11409

I think it was all pre varioram, not just 95-96.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11420

Noony

Despite the fact you are a kid, and thus more knowledable than most of us, I know my C4 in Australia did not need it, but that was pre-Varioram - 1994. I am pretty sure it was most of 1995 and some of 1996 cars - given that Varioram came out about then. Then again, I could be talking of a blonde, long legged etc etc...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11423

I see. I know my dad's 94 C2 had it and Poon's 94 C2 is going to have it. When did you leave Oz?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11424

mid-2002...

It does seem rather hit and miss although I'm sure there is Germanic logic there somewhere...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11426

My OPC told me at the time that it was all of 95 and part 96, including TT's. No harm on checking with models prior I guess

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11427

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by andyphilpott on 01 December 2003

Noony

Despite the fact you are a kid, and thus more knowledable than most of us, I know my C4 in Australia did not need it, but that was pre-Varioram - 1994. I am pretty sure it was most of 1995 and some of 1996 cars - given that Varioram came out about then. Then again, I could be talking of a blonde, long legged etc etc...
Have you lost a blonde, long-legged etc.? :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11439

Just had a call from OPC Eondon - it does need doing - need to book it in tomorrow - try and get a courtesy car off em!

(996 Turbo please!!)

:wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11449

Somebody else mentioned about getting belts done at the same time as they had to come off anyway - which belts and would they be done as part of a 24K servie which i need to get done this month?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11460

Could it be the distributor belts?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11470

I was told that the Varioram cars have the later harness - so there is no need to check - can anyone confirm that?

LJ

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11487

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by LOJO on 02 December 2003

I was told that the Varioram cars have the later harness - so there is no need to check - can anyone confirm that?

LJ
OPC mentioned to me that only pre - varioram were potentially affecetd

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11490

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back