Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Another New 911 Owner

Steve T

Just got my first 911, I say first cos I'm sure there will be others, what a car !! It's a 1999 996 C4 Tip.

When starting it sounds like the battery's a bit flat, turns over slow, but fires up every time. Is this normal ?

Feedback would be much appreciated.

Steve

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11020

Ours does a couple of quick turnovers then catches. Is it particularly cold in Halifax? :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11021

Steve,

I've had 3 996s and the first two (Both C2 Coupe) went through batteries in the first year I had them, same problem as yours, turning over slowly for a while and then one day nothing. It's worth getting it checked/ replaced before it dies, sods law says if you leave it it will go at the worst time.

Paul, 996 GT3

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11027

Congratulations Steve!

I have a 993 which did the same as your 996 when I left it in my garage for one or two weeks. My Opc told me that the alarm system is using quite a lot of power, and to help maintaining the battery alive during "long" stops, it's quite helpfull to have a battery charger conected to your cigar lighter. (did it and it's working). You'll find the original one at you opc!

Have fun!

JP

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11037

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back