Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Permanent hand brake light

Darryl

My 993 targa tip has been in my possession for a couple of weeks now and being a bit of a finicky so and so, am trying to iron out a few minor problems before I allow the dealer to get their mits on it.

Handbrake line is permanent on...Is this telling me that pads need changing or just handbrake adjustment?

Water build up in fuel filler compartment...I've tried sticking a piece of wire down the drainage hole, but it eventually comes to a stop. Is there a way of accessing the hole from the underside?

Any help, advice on the above would be greatly appreciated.

Darryl

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10733

It seems easy; just it is telling you that your level of brake fluid is too low!!

Salutations from Spain

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10756

Juan, thanks for reply.

PS: I meant handbrake light!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10763

Darryl - it's the same light. I have the same problem on my 3.2, it's all to do with the brake fluid level - mine occassionally goes out if the fluid is topped up then comes back on again. Not really worth worrying about. However on your 993 a mechanic can just plug into the computer system and the car will tell him what the problem is if you are worried.

Jamie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10820

Jamie - Took your advice and got a delaer to check it out. He informs that the hand-brake switch needs replacing. However before I pay the dealer his hourly rate, I wondered if anyone has replaced/repaired one of these switches themselves?

If so your 'how to' advice would be appreciated!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10960

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back