Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

soaked

Nitrus

Washed my LHD 993 over the weekend and haven't used it until this morning. Put the heating on and the car steamed up like never before. Checked the drivers foot well and found it to be wet through. Where should I start to look to remedy this?

Martin

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10672

Close the windows before you wash it. :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10674

Nitrus. I don't remember the details but there are a number of drain holes dotted around the car that could be letting in water. From memory, there is one from the sunroof to the rear window - make sure it isn't blocked by running plastic wire through it. There is also one around the footwell somewhere that has a hose that runs into the front luggage compartment and the hose can come loose letting water into the footwell. This sounds like it could be the issue. I would suggest a search on pelicanparts website - I am sure it has been covered there. If you find the answer please do post it back over here!

If I get a minute I will have a hunt for the answer myself.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10681

Wet feet in your 993....

You can check the following; :(

Open the sunroof and poor a little water in the channels, it should drain out behind the front wheels (plastic strimmer wire may clear).

Check the corrugated rubber 'tube' that you see when you open the door , the one all the wiring passes through, this must be fitted into the A post properly and they come loose.

Open the door and poor/hose water on the outside of the glass, in an attempt to get the inside of the door body wet. Have a feel at the bottom of the door for water coming out between the door card/trim panel/door box and the door. If it does its the plastic membrane. (very likely)........

The membrane must have a perfect seal to the body.....and if someone has been in there its probably knackered. In fact its probably knackered anyhow....Dont mess about, buy a new membrane from porsche and make sure you fit it perfectly.....and check it with the hose before you reinstall the door caard. its not a difficult job, just fiddly and time consuming (therefore many ***** it up).

Those are your most likely causes of water in your porker.

Oh, make sure its not coming from the rear and running forward to fool you.

Adrian Crawford. 911secrets.com performance2and4.co.uk.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10690

The membrane is fine and the drains are clear.

Below the reply from Pelican parts:

"Hello,

There is a water drain hose from the bottom of the fresh air plenum through the floor of the luggage boot.
If this gets disconnect (not uncommon), you will get water in the cabin floor."

Can anyone tell me where to find this 'water drain hose'?

Martin

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11164

I think we ve experienced this, the drain is in the 'bowl' behind the fresh air grille at the back of the bonnet. Poor some water in and it should drain out the bottom of the car. The car we had with this problem had a bolt rolling around in the plennum blocking it up from time to time and instead of draining out the bottom, it drained into the customers expensive shoe. Hope this helps.

Adrian C 911secrets.com performance2and4.co.uk

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11202

Nitrus

assuming your 993 has AC check the drain from that. I had same problem on my range rover recently with water peeing into the footwell. It a grillisecond to fix with above mentioned piece of wire

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11218

guys, turned out to be the front windscreen leaking. Noticed it today....puddle right on top of the area between screen and dash.

Got this confirmed by Classic Car Workshop in Chorley, wo have done a great job on my car, both service and cosmetic.

If any of you want info on CCW, please let me know.

Ta, Martin

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11303

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back