Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Targa blind

Darryl

The roof blind on my 993 targa has come off its runners. Before I take it to a dealer I was wondering if anyone has experienced a similar problem and is a DIY remedy possible.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10542

Darryl

Exactly the same thinh happened to mine. Fortunately it was under warranty, but they gusy who repaiored it (GT One) took ages (over 6 weeks in the end) due, they said, to ordering parts from Germany (new cables were fitted on both sides). From what I remember, it was not an unusual problem, and can be a pain to fix. I tried the DIY route but it's just too hard - you really need to lift out the screen (I think), but certainly, without full knowledge of the workings, I think it's a dealer job.

Incidentally, do not go the OPc route, as I suspect it will be expensive whatever the outcome...

Andy

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10545

Andy, Thanks for the advice. Just out of interest do you get a whistling sound from your roof between the speeds of approx 40-60 mph?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10575

Darryl

'Fraid not, or not that I have noticed. I do get the few creaks and groans as the rubbing material moves against each other as the chassis flexes, which is my biggest bug bear but also understanable I suppose. What you could try, as I did, is purchasing new strips of 'something' (not sure of the exact name - its like rubber and furry fur) that drops into the gap between the two glass sections (one at the front of the car between the main glass above your head and the front small 'flap' and the other where the top and rear screens meet. This is about £10 each from a OPC (exactly the same piece on both strips), and helped the wind noise and sealing. This may help...

Andy

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10579

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back