Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Origin B2 Fitment

Noize

Has anyone had one of these professionally fitted so that the wiring is hidden? If so where/who?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10327

Just got one and I think it is far superior to the Road Angel - will be looking into fittment - but very impress so far.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10340

Johnboy

I also think Origin B2 is the one to go for and am presently searching the web for best prices. There are a couple on ebay but because of the descripion given I think they may be Origin Blue1 which is not as good. So still searching.

Where did you get yours? Would be interested to hear news about fitting and any problems you found, particularly if you decided to hard wire it as opposed to using the ciggy lighter connection. I was thinking o put the GPS aerial on the rear parcel shelf even though it means a little more of a problem with wires, it is out of the way.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10376

rear parcel shelf is the best place for the gps. I got mine via the link from this site. Must say it is in a completey different league from the Road Angel - which is good.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10389

Just received my Origin B2 bought at an Ebay auction cost £360 plus £10 express postage and arrived in two days. Not quite the cheapest but still seems good value and looks very good. Very comprehensive instruction manaul.

Only problem now is to fit it. Aerial on the rear shelf between the speakers and then run wires under the carpets seems the best option. Sounds easy but I am sure it will be more difficult than that and will need a lot of patience. The aerial and laser wires are very thin and should be quite easy to hide.

If anyone has done self fitting and got any advice it would be appreciated.

The sellers connection is Digital GPS in Sheffield he may still have some.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10790

Mine should be arriving tomorrow - from radargirl.co.uk - £349

Rear parcel shelf is out for me - 993 Cab - not sure whether to try and fit it myself or get it done properly!

Anyone had any experience of getting a professional install done?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10793

Chaps

My b2 has to be moved between cars so I simply put velcroe on the dash where the GPS thingy and the holdy thingy sit. What I did find was the best place for reception was not by the windscreen but on top of the drivers binnacle (but hidden behind the steering wheel). This always seems to work - the only thing I have found is that, if possible, allow the unit to lock-on before pulling away. Sometimes I have gone for 10 mins before it locks on, and although you can mute the sound, it is still annoying.

Two things it has shown up -

1 - Of the three cars in our family, the Pug 307 is about 1-2 mph at pretty much all speeds, my 10 year old daily driver (Rover 214) is about the same, but the 993 is aweful - at a constant 90mph, for example, the GPS is saying 85. Not a good sign for German engineering.

2 - When I blown the horn (long blast, not a tap) in the Rover and Pug, the laser detector gets set off. First two three times it happened, I sh*t myself! I've got some muppet driver in front and at the same time the police are shooting a laser gun at me!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10811

You can get a 2nd car kit for 99 squid - just plug the thing in and off you go!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10829

B2 fitted - approx 45 minutes, fitted mounting kit between handvarke and tip selector, ran wires under carpet - GPS antenna on dash passenger side and laser detector in middle low ish, cable under heater cover plug all inrto witring loom and hide!

Very strightforward install - easyy to see and appears to be working a charm!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10978

Toby, are you still up for a LRC. I'm looking at sticking in an order today!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10979

James

Probably give that a miss for now - need to book her into jz for a 24k plus pads and discs!

Cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10986

I bought my B2 about a month ago via ebay which was mentioned above and I thought was quite a good deal. I've fitted it myself using the cigarette lighter. I've put the GPS on the back shelf which seems fine (although it could have gone anywhere in the Targa!) and fed the wires along the trim of the rear seats and under the mats. I've fitted the laser detector on the bottom right of the windscreen and fed the wire along the trim, round the back of the bonnet release and have all he wires meeting under the drivers mat. I've mounted the unit just above the centre console which isn't the stabilist but means you've got a very short lead to the cigarette lighter and you can easily hide the rest of the wires down to underneath the driver's mat.

Incidentally, I've just picked the car up from Chelsea Carrera for a small paint job and they were installing a Road Angel on another car with the sensor underneath the number plate. Apparently it takes around 2-3 man hours to do the wiring @ 40 p/hr that's about £120. Very good service and would definitely recommend them if you live in central London

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10992

Installed the b2 works great- have the additional LRC100 as well. Wanted an installed system as I didn't want to clop up the dashboard with RoadAngel or Cyclops, which were good but I prefered the b2. Leadmedia in Hertford installed it in no time. GPS unit concealed under dash I think. Saw an amazing tracking device there as well. It was about the size of two boxes of matches-inlcuding battery backup - and shows the position of device/car on a pc or pda. Its on my christmas list now!

Gavin

996 Turbo

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11305

Has anyone got any pictures of their Origin B2 installed in a 993? I have just purchased the unit and looking to install at the weekend and was wondering where the best (and most secure) place to mount the cradle. I can also see from previous posts that the gps aerial can be installed in the front screen but does this give a good satelite lock or is the rear screen better? My last question is how easy is it to hide the wires from the gps aerial and laser unit from the front screen to the main unit (do I need to dismantle the dash or can the wires be run around the screen and door rubbers to the footwells?

Thanks for your help.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17577

baylon

send me a pm with your email address and I'll send you some pics

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17578

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back