Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Turbo Cab

Stevie

Monza
Just saw one in Edinburgh. Looks sweet.

Are these on general release yet or is this an import?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10314

Sorry to disagree Steven but they are a joke. Just another deviation by Porsche from the core product. How many will actually be driven as they can be.....ummm.......that'll be none then. How many will be cruising up and down Kensington High Street with a twat behind the
wheel.........ummmm.......that'll
be most of them then.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10315

As usual don't listen to Chris :wink:

They have indeed been released, but only very recently.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10316

Actually I agree with Chris, the whole idea of a Turbo cab is a bit daft really.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10319

Shhhh...you have to disagree with him...he drives a DB7! And he thinks he can get a GT2 for 60k!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10320

Mmmm, OK. I've never got the DB7 thing, old Astons yes. Why get one when it's the same as a Jag, but more expensive? GT2 for <£60K- poss a trashed left-hooker?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10322

Or a perfect MK.1 RHD GT3...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10324

What is wrong with a Turbo Cab? Do you guys think that cars like the Fezza 360 Spider are equally pointless? I wouldn't buy one myself but they have their place in the market.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10329

I have to disgaree too - I love cabriolets - now i wont buy anything else - to have a turbo option is just absoloute heaven to me - a proper turbo performance, open top motoring - what more could you want? (Apart from a new job to pay for one :( )

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10343

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by CT993 on 06 November 2003

Sorry to disagree Steven but they are a joke. Just another deviation by Porsche from the core product. How many will actually be driven as they can be.....ummm.......that'll be none then. How many will be cruising up and down Kensington High Street with a twat behind the
wheel.........ummmm.......that'll
be most of them then.
Sorry only one twat on this thread. If people want to spend their hard earned, drive and pose then let them get on with it. I don't ever remember small print on the order form saying they can only be driven on the track or fast..........sounds to me like he just can't afford one and he's upset somebody may have a better car than his. :lol:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10344

Mogsyman, Good Lord, aren't people entitled to their opinions here? I absolutely agree that people should buy/drive what they like, but not every body likes everything!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10345

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Noize on 07 November 2003

Mogsyman, Good Lord, aren't people entitled to their opinions here? I absolutely agree that people should buy/drive what they like, but not every body likes everything!
I agree, but you can't call someone a twat simply because he doesn't drive the car you do.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10348

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by mogsyman on 07 November 2003

I agree, but you can't call someone a twat simply because he doesn't drive the car you do.
You really should read the post properly Mogsyman before you reply. I didn't say they were twats because they don't drive the same car as me. I said they were twats for posing up and down the high street. It's my opinion as a confirmed petrolhead. I'm making an assumption here, but if we own Porsches (yes, despite the DB7 I still own a 911 !) and take the time you contribute to a Porsche forum are we not more interested in the performance of the car than the pose factor?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10350

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by CT993 on 06 November 2003

How many will actually be driven as they can be.....ummm.......that'll be none then.
I thought you said it wasn't about performance?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10351

Gentle Question turns nasty. I thought it looked good and if I had a 100k to spill I would happily drive slowly along the high street with the top down on my way to the track day.

Surely a nice compromise.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10352

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back