Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Kent / East Sussex Get together

JamesM

Does anyone fancy meeting up for a few beers and a chat about the virtues of 911 ownership. I'm happy to organise something!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 8599

Spooky !!

I was thinking the very same thing over the weekend. Are you thinking of a mid week evening somehwere?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 8600

PS

When did the 'soon to have full leather bit appear' ? I thought 996/Audi's were in the offing. He's just disappeared, but I'm sure that Mazz, being the gregarious social chap that he is will be up for it too

Migration info. Legacy thread was 8601

Subject to date / time / weather / mood / girlfriend and a myriad of other unforeseen factors, I could be persuaded to have my jabs and (passport in hand) leave London for a cheeky pint or two. Do they speak English in Kent / East Sussex ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 8603

Happy to pop along and put some faces to names.

What dates do you have in mind ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 8605

Where in East Sussex - can it be near West Sussex?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 8606

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Hendo on 23 September 2003

PS

When did the 'soon to have full leather bit appear' ? I thought 996/Audi's were in the offing. He's just disappeared, but I'm sure that Mazz, being the gregarious social chap that he is will be up for it too
I finally came to my senses and decided to hang onto the 993, but I'm off down to Linbrook next weekend to discuss deposits on a 997!! I've got a local coach trimmer to take a look at the inside of the 993 and he's given me a price to re-do some of the current plastic in the same colour leather: i.e.:

Dashboard (inc windscreen pillars)

Driver and Passenger doors

Rear sides (inc door pillars)

Rear (Behind seats and under rear window)

Centre Console

He's also going to replace the leather at the bottom of the driver seat, which has been badly scuffed through people's shoes knocking it.

It goes in on the 20th of Oct for the work and should take about 5 days - Can't wait!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 8608

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Jamie Summers on 23 September 2003

Subject to date / time / weather / mood / girlfriend and a myriad of other unforeseen factors, I could be persuaded to have my jabs and (passport in hand) leave London for a cheeky pint or two. Do they speak English in Kent / East Sussex ?
Cheeky git! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 8609

Can we vote on a potential date in October:

Tuesday 7th

Wednesday 8th

Wednesday 15th

Migration info. Legacy thread was 8614

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Jamie Summers on 23 September 2003

I could be persuaded to have my jabs and (passport in hand) leave London for a cheeky pint or two. Do they speak English in Kent / East Sussex ?
Errr I think we should have a vote on this one, Dont we have enough problems with the great unwashed assylum seeking herds at Dover. Do we want to add to this with homeless, dope peddling masses climbing over the wall at the M25? It'll ruin our chances of County of the year and they'll be wanting blackcurrant in their cider

Migration info. Legacy thread was 8616

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by JamesM on 23 September 2003

Can we vote on a potential date in October:

Tuesday 7th

Wednesday 8th

Wednesday 15th

All three work Ok for me sir

Migration info. Legacy thread was 8617

All work for me too.

Hendo, I absolutely agree about Jamie Summers. I'm not sure that the Kent/East Sussex chapter needs diamond geezers from up London thinking that they can head our way and that we will understand them if they speak loudly and slowly when all they really need to do is get their grammar correct.

Such attitudes are something up with which we will not put - unless they're buying!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 8619

Hendo / Mazz,

Which location best suits you for a meet?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 8620

Hendo and I live in the Sevenoaks/West Malling area. Heading out to the (East Sussex) border will take us towards Tunbridge Wells/Crowborough area. I can certainly recommend some pubs on the Kent side of the border e.g. Groombridge/Penshurst which is where I know better but don't mind nipping over the border if someone has a recommended location.

Hendo, what do you think?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 8622

Sevenoaks / West Malling etc are all good for me, I'm a tad further down the M20.

There's a nice pub in Ryarsh.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 8623

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back