Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

a gem of a Porsche DIY book

James AUS

just thought I would share a fantastic little find I made on the weekend.

The book is called "101 projects for your 911" and covers things as basic as jacking up the car to removing the engine and pulling it to bits. It has exceptional photos and is very easy to follow.

I could not recommend this book more to any weekend mechanics like myself.

You can see it here at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0760308535/qid%3D1062542862/sr%3D11-1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/104-6945972-0580739

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7836

There does not appear to be any guides catering for the 996 owners of this world

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7841

Does the book cover anything for 993's or am I just wishing...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7847

"There does not appear to be any guides catering for the 996 owners of this world "

Because if you service a 996 yourself you will never be able to sell it. Its not such a crime on older 911's which are less valuable

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7848

It only really covers the older models. I forget most of you are lucky enough to have new ones, t'will be years before I can afford one.

If its causing anyone to much grief because they cant find books on servicing their 993s n 996s, I suppose I could bring myself to trade cars =).

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7869

I've had the book a couple of months and it has already paid for itself, it's written by Wayne Dempsey who runs the best techical Porsche site on the net.
Pelican Parts Forums

Based around a broken SC I believe it is a great easy to understand compliment to any other DIY Porsche workshop manual you have or even to the Factory books available if you look around for £25-£50 on CD. Help for 996 owners is available at Pelican too. I'm not trying to drive anyone away from here to there as this site has it's strengths just like Pelican's has.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7884

Guys, there is the workshop manual for the 993 and presumably the 996 as well. The 993 workshop manual is nearly 1,500 pages long with step by step instructions on almost every job you can think of. Published by Porsche. Highly recommended!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 8046

Graham, where do you get it from? What is damage to the wallet?

His

Migration info. Legacy thread was 8050

It's nearly $300 in the US. I have not seen a price in Europe.

I also heard that it is out of print at the moment so it is hard to find.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 8051

I was told the porsche workshop manuals had made there way onto the net. So a bit of hunting around might save you any damage to the wallet.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 8055

look in the back of '911 & Porsche World' there are ad's there.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 8056

The 993 workshop manual is a bit over £300 in the UK. (As usual cheaper in the US at about $300). I know that Gmund books sells them.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 8062

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back