Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

3.2 Carrera information

ghostb4

Hello,
i am havin a hard time finding information for the 3.2Carreras. I'm considering this model vs. 964. there's quite a bit of information about the 964 in contrast. Any help would be appreciated.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7545

Two things spring immediately to mind:

Back issues of 911&Porsche World Magazine: Last month had a feature and a year or two back had a full buyers guide.

Also see
www.vingoe.com

There must be more info around, am sure someone else will think of places Ive forgotten.

Simon

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7546

thanks for the info! Simon.

I've some newbie question if you can help answer:

1) how can I tell b/t an 87/89 and the pre-G50 3.2C?

2) Does the 911 require 10L of engine oil?! Even for the 3.2?

3) What is there to look out for in terms of a 3.2C? thanks.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7558

Get Adrian Crawford's buying guide (from this web-site). It'll be the best 30 quid you ever spent.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7560

I believe reverse is in a different place on the different gearboxes. Mine is a G50 and reverse is up beside 1st. So Im guessing a 915 would have reverse down beside 4th.

Simon

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7564

911 Carrera 3.2...

The 3.2 is a great piece of kit, only real change in its model life was the G50 gearbox. Significance of this box is that its stronger, whereas many of the 915 gearboxs will have synchromesh problems (baulking, grating). That said, dont dismniss the older 915 type, if you find a good car, with a nice ( rebuilt) 915 gearbox its still great to drive. In fact (torrents of abuse expected) if I was choosing for myself, all boxes perfect, I would take an 85/6 915 box 911...but thats just me.

G50 cars will all be model year 87 onwards, thats MODEL YEAR, not reg date. 87 models started sept 86 and the G50 is identified with reverse beside first, the 915 reverse beside 4th as correctly stated above.

Model years identified by the tenth digit of the chassis number. WPOZZZ91Z
H
S1????? J=88,K=89 (No 'I')

Adrian Crawford. 911secrets.com performance2and4.co.uk

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7586

Good'ay

I own an 84 3.2 Carrera with the 915 gearbox, my car has 194,000km with the original box, never been opened. I must say the unit is great, no problems.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33816

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back